First experiences with my new Liquid Z6 Plus

Options
Jollytall
Jollytall Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2018 Archives
I have my new phone. Beautiful, great to use the fingerprint reader, etc., but have few annoying issues, I cannot change. Can someone help?
- Google search bar on the screen: I have an unremovable Google widget like box. I blocked the app, but I am not sure if this is the best way to remove, e.g. that part of the homescreen I still cannot use. Never had it on earlier phones.
- Ads pop-up: Even now, that I removed the Google box, ads pop-up during calls and even more bothering sometimes full screen ads with audio start when I briefly look into my phone. On a business meeting it is embarrassing that my phone starts talking. How to stop these?
- SIM names: On my earlier phones the SIMs were called SIM 1, SIM 2. Here they are called after the provider company. My both SIMs are from the same company, so I cannot see, e.g. in the call list which number I was called on. Can I rename them, or at least call them Company 1, Company 2?
- Call history: In the call history not the actual dates (like in earlier phones) are shown, but like "5 days ago". I do not want to calculate backwards every time. Can I change it to show real dates, or at least the name of the day of the week?
- Call history length? By default I only see a very short list and need to press "View full call history". Can it be changed? Can I set how long I would like to see the history (I have a lot of free memory)?

Thnaks,
jt

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    1) google search bar is not removable on Acer's smartphones, it's a google rule that other producers bypass on some way
    2) about ads pop-up...no one have never mentioned, are you sure is not any applications that you installed?
    3) try this: settings/SIM cards - tap on the SIM card name (on my Jade Plus i can edit the SIMs names)
    4) no as far as i know
    5) i can't remember any settings about it...sorry
    I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    1) google search bar is not removable on Acer's smartphones, it's a google rule that other producers bypass on some way
    2) about ads pop-up...no one have never mentioned, are you sure is not any applications that you installed?
    3) try this: settings/SIM cards - tap on the SIM card name (on my Jade Plus i can edit the SIMs names)
    4) no as far as i know
    5) i can't remember any settings about it...sorry
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Jollytall
    Jollytall Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thanks,

1. Although it disappeared for a while when disabled the App, it came back after the first SW update :-(
    2. A Disabled lots of Apps and many offered to return to the original version. I did that and since this problem disappeared. It seems they were selling altered SW in a big Int'l store!
    3. Thanks, it worked.
    4.-5. :-(