How long does it usually take for Acer to repair an Acer Predator laptop.

UnidentifiedGmr
UnidentifiedGmr Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
It was still under warranty and it just stopped working, I sent it in in mid December and then when I check their updates it just says "under repair". At this point I wouldn't be mad if they just sent me a new laptop of the same model because I didn't have a lot of information on there that I needed to keep. I just wanna know when I can expect to get my laptop back because I am DYING without it. 

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    mid december is the worst period to repair things, since there are so many holidays in between and, if they requested the part, they had to wait until the first of week of january.

i can only suggest you to call them and ask if they have an estimate date of delivery.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • touchnova
    touchnova Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited January 2018
    Slightly off topic, but I sure hope you backed your data up before you sent it in for repair.  There are quite a few conditions under which they will replace a hard drive completely or erase all date on a drive and set back to their factory-fresh state.  Sure hope you get your device back soon and that it still contains your data.
  • peoecp
    peoecp Member Posts: 27 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    I had to wait 5 weeks. In Sweden there are consumer-laws that states how long it is resonable to wait for a repair. For electronics, it's 2 weeks.
  • Cendar
    Cendar Member Posts: 3 New User
    I'm in Switzerland, they took 3 weeks. They received the laptop 26 january and I received back the 14 february. And it is not working :( Good luck to you.