'master' password before account login

Options
aojh
aojh Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
How do a put a 'master' password after start up/woke/sleep mode on my chromebook11?
My kids have their logins from school but I don't want them to be able to access it anytime they want. I want to be able to password protect from the beginning, then when they get permission from me from opening the computer with a password, they can log into their individual school accounts. Having a problem with kids taking the computer without asking and deleting history etc.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,569 Trailblazer
    Options
    Go to advanced chrome settings for creating, deleting or changing a password. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• aojh
    Options
    I went to advanced settings - passwords and forms but couldn’t see anywhere to set a master password.
  • aojh
    Options
    I just did a live chat with acer and they told me that there is no way to have parental controls set to where parents have a master password before kids can access their school account. Totally rubbish! They should allow parents to set a device master password so they can monitor when the children are using the computers.
  • JackE
    Options
    What Chrome version number? The wake password should required like the login password. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Options
    Sorry, I now understand your dilemma after your last post. I gotta ponder this awhile, But you might not like my possible fixes. Jack E/Nj

Jack E/NJ