Second monitor suddenly has "No Signal"

Baag
Baag Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 22 in 2018 Archives
I don't know how or why this is happening, but since I started my computer today my second monitor, exactly the same as my primary monitor (Acer XF240H), doesn't show me any picture, but only "No Signal" from time to time.
The power light turns on every 2 minutes or so, meaning it realised some signal coming in, then checking all 3 inputs (HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort (both connected via DP)), then turning off again saying "No Signal". When I start the computer the power light also turns on, meaning it realised the computer started, also in system display settings and Nvidia graphic settings the dual monitor setup is correctly shown and should work.
I changed nothing before that happened, yesterday in the evening everything worked fine, I turned off the computer like always, today I turn it on like always and suddenly no signal. How's that possible? I had that exact problem a few weeks ago, but I somehow managed to fix it in a few minutes by rebooting, cable reapplying and smh it worked, but I can't get it to work now. Any idea? Do you need any more specs or anything else?

Edit: W
hat I tried is now too is switching the signal outputs from the GPU (switch the monitor cables' sockets), what I got was as expected - now the other monitor works, so I only see the right side of my desktop (since i'm using expanded display ofc) rather than the left. So I think the issue is sth with the GPU DP socket. What I've done now as a temporary fix is using a DVI-D cable but thats only 120hz so it won't stay.

Comments

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Hi, 
    Thanks for troubleshooting the issue. The best option is to checked the monitors seperatly.
    First you can disconnect the monitor that is working and connect the the monitor that has issue to the same port to confirm if the issue is with the second monitor.
    Then, check if the video driver due to any changes by any windows updates that automatically installed on your computer.
    Also, check all the ports with the monitor that is working fine.

• Baag
    Baag Member Posts: 2 New User
    Sharanji said:
    Then, check if the video driver due to any changes by any windows updates that automatically installed on your computer.
    Also, check all the ports with the monitor that is working fine.

Ohh yeah I never seem to think of the easiest solutions... it's most probably a driver issue since there isn't really any other reason it stops working from one day to another. I'll try that next!
  • soup501
    soup501 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I have this problem from time to time with my HDMI connection to Sony TV's.  When it happens I disable and then enable my display drivers and it solves the problem.
  • dremrdrd
    dremrdrd Member Posts: 2 New User
    Today Windows 10 updated my laptop HP envy, and ever since then, my external ACER monitor S271HL went black. The power light flickers amber and will not turn off or on. I've checked and all Acer drivers are updated. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Acer Monitor. Nothing works. Can anyone help? Thank you.