COMPLAINT - Acer Service/Repair is AWEFUL

cbengs
cbengs Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 22 in 2018 Archives
RANT... I purchased a new Acer Aspire E 15 laptop in April 2017.  The laptop completely shutdown without the ability to access the user profiles after just ~6 months.  I went through a lengthy and frustrating process to try and repair it on my own using the Acer forums (no success), then the robotic Acer chat option (no success), then mail it to Acer repair center (cost ~$40 for shipping while under "free warranty" period).  I got the laptop back completely wiped of all data and lost all of my files... no explanation as to what went wrong, how do I avoid it in the future, is this likely to happen again (probably will after warranty expires...), what repairs were attempted/made, what do I do with the strange new profiles on the laptop, the list goes on and on.... I asked the chat robot if I can see what repairs were attempted and they had no answer.  I asked to please tell me how I can submit a formal complaint and I was told to post in this community forum... basically don't bother us at the company, just whine to other users/customers?.... I don't get it.  What AWEFUL "service"!  Why should I have any faith in this product or other Acer products?  Why would I want to sign myself up for purchasing another Acer product in the future?  What a joke!

This was my first Acer purchase and right now I'm leaning towards this being the last... I figure I'll just go to another company after the laptop breaks down again in 6 months and the warranty is expired.  Waste of money and time.

QUESTION FOR THE COMMUNITY... Are there Acer loyalists out there that think this is an aberration or is this just how it is with Acer service and their sub-standard products?

Comments

• richard7634
    richard7634 Member Posts: 11 New User
    Thanks for wring down your experience. Makes me wonder about buying an Acer again. Quite probably not. Rich