How to disable Raid 0 on a Predator G9-793

Options
TheVielusos78
TheVielusos78 Member Posts: 7 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello,
I accidentaly enable Raid 0 in Intel Rapid Storage but now it just show my SSD of 250gb and not the HDD of 1To anymore.
I cant disable the Raid from the Bios because there is no Raid/IDE or other option.
Intel RS made a Sata-array named Volume_0000 and Raid_tool doesn't work it says "Intel (R) RST CLI version 15.2 cannot be used with version 15.5 of the driver".
Please help :,( 

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    a workaround to try is to take off the HDD and wipe it connecting to another PC, then put it back to your laptop.
    I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• IronFly
    Options
    i can't remember right now but try the GX RAID tool version or the other models too, you for sure will work on 15.5
    ftp://ftp.acer-euro.com/Notebook/Predator
  • TheVielusos78
    Options
    Hello,
    Same problem with 15.5 version, all are in 15.2 :,(
  • IronFly
    Options
    i will highlight the need of a 15.5 version...let's hope Intel released a RST CLI 15.5 version
  • TheVielusos78
    Options
    I have reset my computer and it did nothing :,( if you have an other solution (except the Raid_tool) it will be nice because if i send it to Acer they will ask money for it :/
  • IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options
    a workaround to try is to take off the HDD and wipe it connecting to another PC, then put it back to your laptop.
  • TheVielusos78
    Options
    I have unplug the HDD and buy a Smartteck ST-BES25611-BK and i've reset my hdd from an other computer, after that i have create a usb windows key to reinstal Windows and the Raid 0 is gone but now the D is here but when i try to connect the C from the disk utility, it says "Erreur de donnée (contrôle de redondance cyclique)" sorry its in French ^^ but i think its easier to find a solution for that but i have also to move Windows from de D (HDD) to the C (SSD) when i will be activated.
     Thanks for you, you are my god ! This F*cking Raid 0 was hard to remove !
  • IronFly
    Options
    so now you have issues on installing windows on C: or windows is not able to find C: (SSD) during the installation?
  • TheVielusos78
    Options
    Problem resolved just have to go in IRST click on raid 0 ( it says that one of the raid disks is missing) click on advanced, delete the volume and the raid is gone ! 
  • TheVielusos78
    Options
    Thanks for your help ! ; D
  • malo666
    malo666 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    IronFly said:
    I have tried this and nothing has changed, I can see the hard drive as unallocated space in disk management only when I turn on the option "access files" in Intel Rapid Storage Technology but even then I cannot allocate the space as it has write-protection on it and it doesn't work even when I disabled it in cmd with the command "attributes volume clear readonly" or using EaseUS Tool M.
  • thebaldman
    thebaldman Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    how to access ftp links?
  • Kazama
    Kazama Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    I can't access to ftp file server. It's asking for login and password Oo