VN7-792G: Win10 version 1709=Intel Real Sense camera SR300 does not work. What to do?

Options
Maiguli
Maiguli Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives

My laptop is only one year old. How it is possible that there is no updates available? I can´t use anything with camera.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000026184/emerging-technologies/intel-realsense-technology.html

Depth Camera Manager Does Not Function with Windows® 10 Build 15063 or Newer for Intel® RealSense™ Camera SR300
Last Reviewed: 15-Nov-2017
Article ID: 000026184

Due to issues with the Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera Manager, the Intel® RealSense™ Camera SR300 may not function with Windows* 10 build 15063 and newer. This issue affects all Windows apps that attempt to use the Intel® RealSense™ Camera SR300.

There will be no updates to the Intel® RealSense™ SDK for Windows*, the SDK components, and depth camera managers for the products listed:

• Intel® RealSense™ Camera F200
  • Intel® RealSense™ Camera SR300
  • Intel® RealSense™ Camera R200

You can continue to use the SDK with limited support, or use the Intel® RealSense™ Cross Platform API for camera access. Then, develop on other platforms through GitHub*.

The Intel® RealSense™ SDK 2.0 is our next-generation SDK. Support for this product is only available for Intel® RealSense™ cameras SR300 and D400-Series through the RealSense Community and GitHub.

See the Discontinuance Notice for more information.

Answers

• SilentViper78
    SilentViper78 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Just got the camera working. See my other post for details, but the key is to install the open-source v2 sdk from github. It has a working librealsense.