Plugged in, Not Charging

ARSHAJIB
ARSHAJIB Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi,
Suddenly My Acer E5-471 Laptop stopped charging yesterday.
I was using the PC on battery power. when about 50% charge left, I connected the power cable with the laptop.

I didn't notice at first if it was charging or not. But, suddenly i noticed that charging LED is not ON (may be just turned off at that moment, that's why i noticed it? Not sure).
I noticed that the "Charging" and "NOT Charging" Icon ["Only Battery icon" and "Battery icon with the charging icon"]  was interchanging rapidly, though the charger was connected. And it was making some "click clik" sound. I tried rebooting the pc. While rebooted, the click sound was even louder, then the sound became less loud. I saw that it was showing "Plugged in, Not Charging", So I Googled and tried the sollution for it (Uninstalling the battery driver, shut down, remove battery, press and hold power button for 1 Minute, Insert the battery, connect the power cord, Reboot the PC). When rebooted, I saw that the charging LED was Lit or 1 or 2 second may be. Then the LED went off. Now, whenever I disconnect and reconnect the power cord, the charging LED light up for 1 second, and then it goes OFF. I thought, it was may be an OS problem. SO I was going to Backup and refresh the pc. But then, I got an idea, I tried plugging in ANOTHER Acer power cable, And noticed that My laptop works fine with it!

My PC is out of warranty.

Thanks for taking time to read this. Any help and suggestion would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Hi Arshajib, 

We greatly appreciate your valuable time and efforts that you will spend in troibleshooting the issue. The AC adapter is faulty, you may replace it.
  • ARSHAJIB
    Sharanji said:
    Hi Arshajib, 

We greatly appreciate your valuable time and efforts that you will spend in troibleshooting the issue. The AC adapter is faulty, you may replace it.
    Thank you.
  • ARSHAJIB
    By the way, Laptop works fine with Original Power cord plugged in, when battery is removed (Direct power).
  • soup501
    soup501 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I had the exact same problem with my E5-471G.  I bought a replacement battery but then had to do a "power reset" each time I used my computer.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the battery & Adapter drivers and it helped a little.  But, now I have to remove and reinsert the battery before I can power on with battery.  The A/C adapter works fine and once turned on the battery operates as expected. But if I turn the laptop off overnight.  I must again remove and insert the battery.
    I hope someone can help.  This is driving me crazy.
  • ARSHAJIB
    soup501 said:
    I had the exact same problem with my E5-471G.  I bought a replacement battery but then had to do a "power reset" each time I used my computer.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the battery & Adapter drivers and it helped a little.  But, now I have to remove and reinsert the battery before I can power on with battery.  The A/C adapter works fine and once turned on the battery operates as expected. But if I turn the laptop off overnight.  I must again remove and insert the battery.
    I hope someone can help.  This is driving me crazy.
      :(:/
  • VedPrakashUpadhyay
    VedPrakashUpadhyay Member Posts: 1 New User
    Adapter is brand new. It charges other laptop E5-575G. Problem is with System laptop battery charging ckt or port.
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    ARSHAJIB said:
    By the way, Laptop works fine with Original Power cord plugged in, when battery is removed (Direct power).
    Check the currenty BIOS version of your laptop. If not updated, download and install the V1.21.
  • MARKJOSEPH
    MARKJOSEPH Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi I currently have this Aspire 5 I just buy this 3 days ago at walmart at New Orleans I didnt notice at first that my battery is only showing plug in but not charging I also try to reset the battery but still the same problem occurs. Please help me out because I cant bring it back to the walmart cause iam a Seafarer and we are far away from New orleans now.