Reboot Loop after Bios/firmware update.

PrimalFPS
PrimalFPS Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 15 in 2018 Archives
I have a Predator G3 model: AG5W2, RAM 12 GB GTX 1060. I did some standard driver updates through the device manager, then it said it needed a restart for the updates to take effect. After which my computer repeatedly cuts on and off not displaying nothing on the monitors and the keyboard doesn't light up (1 in a million it will light up). So I came to the Acer Predator community for help.

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    try this:
    unplug the AC power cable
    open the left side panel of your case (no warranty void if no sticker is present) - front looking
    look for a silver round battery (CMOS battery) and take it off
    now press the power button twice and wait 5 minutes and put the battery back
    close your PC case
    plug the AC power cable and try to power your PC pressing Del key to enter BIOS
    I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited January 2018
     You may try to reset your BIOS/UEFI settings to default.

Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds, or until your system shuts completely down.Power on the system. 
    As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press Delete for desktops to enter the BIOS.
    Press F9 and then Enter to load the default configuration.
    Press F10 and then Enter to save and exit.
    The computer will restart automatically, check if it boot inot window.
  • PrimalFPS
    Unfortunately I tried that first holding the power button does nothing, it continues to power on then about 5 seconds later powers off it's like a infinite loop. Also the screen never cuts on so I never see any logos or even any changes in the screen. Therefore I believe I can't access the BIOS menu.
  • madmunki88
    madmunki88 Member Posts: 2 New User
    yeah im having the same issue i called acer and they seemed puzzled and want me to send it in to them, i would preffer not to but im stumped any ideas

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    try this:
    unplug the AC power cable
    open the left side panel of your case (no warranty void if no sticker is present) - front looking
    look for a silver round battery (CMOS battery) and take it off
    now press the power button twice and wait 5 minutes and put the battery back
    close your PC case
    plug the AC power cable and try to power your PC pressing Del key to enter BIOS
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • PrimalFPS
    Worked like a charm, removing the CMOS battery allowed my computer to reset the bios and is now up in running. If you are having this issue give this a try. Just be careful when tampering around with the motherboard.

• ColOfTheDead
    ColOfTheDead Member Posts: 1 New User
    Exact same problem after updating drivers from Windows 10. Unfortunately the above didn't work, so it's probably send it to Acer repair centre.
  • PrimalFPS
    Same issue came back, But I didn't update nothing. Just moved my setup around.