Backlit Keyboard

Hashirama
Hashirama Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
The lighting on the keyboard turns on when I plug the laptop in and turns off when I unplug it from the power source. Is there any way to make it consistent and how do I manually turn the light on or off?

Best Answer

• Skelomorph
    Skelomorph ACE Posts: 463 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hashirama said:
    When I stop using the keyboard for some time (I'm guessing a minute), the back lighting turns off and only turn back on when I press a key. Is there any way to have the back lighting turned on continuously? 
    As far as I know, there is no way to make the keyboard stay lit permanently. I have tried to look into this as well and found nothing.

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss

Answers

• adamo000
    adamo000 Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    You could turn on or turn off light hitting simulations FN key and F9.
    I tested this right now on my Helios 300. If you hit those buttons twice it should light no mater you are on ac or battery.
  • Hashirama
    Hashirama Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

When I stop using the keyboard for some time (I'm guessing a minute), the back lighting turns off and only turn back on when I press a key. Is there any way to have the back lighting turned on continuously? 
  • Skelomorph
    Skelomorph ACE Posts: 463 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hashirama said:
    As far as I know, there is no way to make the keyboard stay lit permanently. I have tried to look into this as well and found nothing.

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss