Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Iconia one 7 B1-790 unable to transfer to pc

DualwolfDualwolf Posts: 3Member New User
edited January 13 in Android Tablets
Hi, I have an Iconia one 7 that I'd like to connect to my Win 10 pc but when I plug it in to USB I get pc message: 
"USB device not recognised... try reconnecting...your device may not be working properly"

I get nothing in the drop down menu at the top of tablet (as per online user manual) to imply there is:
"USB options, swipe down from the top of the screen to display the
notification area and tap USB for file transfer to choose whether you
need to use File transfers (the default option) or Photo transfer (PTP)."

Would doing an O.S update help? I'm currently on Android  ver 6.0

EDIT: 
Just checked updates, it's set to automatically check and no new updates available.

Best Answer

• billseybillsey Posts: 4,209 Pathfinder
    Accepted Answer
    If you go to the Acer support site, they have a USB driver that allows connection of your tablet to a Windows PC.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billseybillsey Posts: 4,209ACE Pathfinder
    Accepted Answer
    If you go to the Acer support site, they have a USB driver that allows connection of your tablet to a Windows PC.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DualwolfDualwolf Posts: 3Member New User
    edited January 12
    Thanks Billsey.
    Excuse my ignorance but I can't see if I'm meant to install it on my pc, my tablet or both?
    I tried downloading to pc and file wouldn't open. On tablet it tries to open but attempts to open the zip file with a dictionary?!
    lol
  • billseybillsey Posts: 4,209ACE Pathfinder
    You install it on PC. Once installed when you plug your tablet in it should give you those options.
  • DualwolfDualwolf Posts: 3Member New User
    Thought it didn't work initially but seemed to take its time, done now.
    I had to log in as administrator (I forgot when I set up a new hotmail account that I was logging in with new (non admin)account onto pc)
    All works fine now. Thank you so much for your help.