Input not Supported message

EMRDRD
EMRDRD Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 2018 in Monitors
I updated my windows 10 last night and since then, I keep getting a "Input not supported" message on my external Acer Monitor. Can anyone help? The monitor worked fine before I did the update! Thanks! 

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
     It would seem that your video setting. Disconnect the external monitor, try different display resolution and refresh rate on your laptop and it should fix the issue.

Go to your Desktop, right-click your mouse and go to Display Settings. The following panel will open. Here you can 
    adjust the size of text, apps, and other items and also change the orientation. To change the resolution settings, scroll down this window and click on Advanced Display Settings.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • EMRDRD
    Thanks for your advice, but it didn't work. Any other suggestions? Thank you.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    In Display what resolution is it set for? What's the refresh rate in Display; Adapter Properties; Monitor? Which monitor do you have? Which cable is connected?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • RockOrDie
    RockOrDie Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem and your fix didn't work for me either. Resolution is 1920x1080. Refresh rate is 60hz. HDMI cable is being used. My monitor is s271hl, Computer is Dell Inspiron 15 7000. Graphics card is Intel UHD Graphics 620, driver version is 22.20.16.4691. When I connect to my tv all I get is noise now. All worked fine before the Windows update. There were a couple of dell updates too that I accepted. In Device Manager I have this message for Events for this monitor:Device SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{51d6a037-82e6-43e5-abfd-b969a78040a1} was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.
  • AnnSharrock
    AnnSharrock Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem and the same hardware, Acer S271HL, Dell Inspiron and similarly things went wrong after the Windows 10 updates last week. I have tried the suggestions above. Please can somebody help. AnnS
  • billsey
    Try and see if you can roll back the graphics driver package. If the rollback works it tells you the issue is with the newer driver, which means waiting until they update it again to something newer yet. If it doesn't work we're likely looking at something hardwareish instead of software.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • nkumar
    nkumar Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem. The new windows 10 update loaded a week ago, and now my external acer monitor won't work which used to work befoe in the same configuration. Says 'input not supported'. Lenovo laptop, HDMI connection, S271HL monitor. I have tried every possible setting on the windows display screen. The HDMI connection works perfectly on another Sceptre monitor without any problem. What's the deal? Did MS cut acer out or what. 
  • beyth01
    beyth01 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have same issue.  Was on vacation came home plugged in monitor and I get "Input not supported".  I have spent all day today searching for fix,  have not found one.  Dell laptop running window.  Display settings have not changed.
  • beyth01
    beyth01 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I plugged in my old laptop into same monitor and it works fine
  • ssxt
    ssxt Member Posts: 1 New User

Input not Supported

Lenovo T580  connected to Acer V196WL via an HDMI to VGA adapter. Acer only worked in Duplicate mode, not Extended.

I installed an updated driver from the Intel site which had a Control Panel  App included. This has a “Quantization Range” setting where it can be changed from Default to ‘Limited Range’ and the Extended mode worked. This setting MIGHT have been in the original driver, but I didn’t see it. User rebooted and it kept the settings.

Changed to Limited Range and clicked Apply for it to work:

• ladytoad
    ladytoad Member Posts: 1 New User
    If the monitor isn't showing anything, how am I supposed to go to display settings ????

• billsey
    @ladytoad you might want to start a new thread for your issue. This one is quite old. What monitor do you have? How are you connecting to it and what computer/video card do you have?
  • EMRDRD
    I believe I was the person who started this original thread, so long ago that I don’t even remember what the problem was — or how I fixed it! Good luck to those, however, trying to fix the problem.
  • tk77mann
    tk77mann Member Posts: 1 New User
    I turned on my Yoga Lenovo laptop today connected to my Acer monitor and got the Input Not Supported error message.  Last night it was working fine, today no display except for the error message.  I tried Sharnji's steps above but they seem to be incomplete.  Any help??? Thanks.
  • franciswade
    franciswade Member Posts: 5 New User
    In my case, I had the same problem. I fixed it by unplugging the adapter from the monitor cord.

My adapter sits between the VGA monitor cord (with the blue plug) and my laptop. It also has it's own USB connection. I unplugged the adapter from the laptop several times but it didn't work. Unplugging the blue VGA monitor cord from the adapter reset something that returned me to the right resolution.