Could I have help fixing my current situation?

Doctor_with
Doctor_with Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
So, my screen has just gone black and my Chromebook won't respond. (It's at full battery.) From what I've found, it'll work if I just restart it. That would be just fine under normal circumstances, but not right now. At the time of the blackout, I was writing something very lengthy and I was unable to save my work. So, I'm stuck here. Do I restart my Chromebook and lose the work I put the past hour of my life into? Or is there a way around this?

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited January 2018 Answer ✓
    What is the model no of your Chromebook?
    if you see the indicator lights and the hear the fan, connect the Chromebook to an external device and check if you get the display.
    If you do not get display, sadly the only option is to restart your Chromebook and perform a power wash after saving the data.
    You can reset your Chromebook to its original factory state from the sign-in screen by pressing Shift + Ctrl + Alt + R and clicking Restart.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited January 2018 Answer ✓
    What is the model no of your Chromebook?
    if you see the indicator lights and the hear the fan, connect the Chromebook to an external device and check if you get the display.
    If you do not get display, sadly the only option is to restart your Chromebook and perform a power wash after saving the data.
    You can reset your Chromebook to its original factory state from the sign-in screen by pressing Shift + Ctrl + Alt + R and clicking Restart.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!