Chromebook 14 super slow and freezing all the time!

Hopesta
Hopesta Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Does anyone else suffer from extreme rage caused by their Chromebook 14 running incredibly slow and regularly freezing?

I know it can’t handle too many apps and pages open at a time, but even when I’m just trying to do one thing it freezes. It’s frozen on me 4 times this evening!

Ive only had it for two months. Really regretting not spending more money to get a decent laptop. My 5 year old lap top worked better than this piece of *****! I feel like I’m back in 2001 using an old PC with dial up Internet.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited January 2018
    Hi Hopesta,   

Soory to hear about your experience with Chromebook. :(

You can open task manager by pressing Shift + Esc. Then sort by memory or CPU let you see what processes are taking up RAM and processor time. Look at the ones that are taking up the most resources. That will point you to the likely culprits. Try to find another extension or app that does the same function, but uses fewer resources. 

Chromebooks rely on your Internet speed and if it’s slow or unreliable, it messes with your Chromebook.
    Google’s Chrome Connectivity Diagnostics is a detailed analysis of what is slowing you down. It does a better job than a standard speed test because it considers the unique factors Chromebooks rely on.

Try going to Menu > Settings > Advanced Settings > Privacy and turning off the following two options:

Finally, to Powerwash your Chromebook, Click Settings >- Show advanced settings… In the Powerwash section, click Powerwash. You’ll put in your username to verify it’s okay to Powerwash. You can then reboot and sign back into your account.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!