Helios 300 CPU Cooling Fan

Options
onurc4826
onurc4826 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi, the blades of the cpu cooling fan have been broken when I tried to clean it with compressed air. Does anyone know the part number of the cooling fans? I' googled it, but didn't find any spare parts. I've found the fans of other Predator models and VX15. But I doubt they would fit if I tried to replace it with one of them.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,106 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Could you please post the exact model name, like Gx-xxx.
  • onurc4826
    Options
    Hi,
    Could you please post the exact model name, like Gx-xxx.

G3-571

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    I couldn't find the part number for the fan, I have asked other members about this and once I get more information I'll come back.
  • onurc4826
    Options
    Hi,
    I couldn't find the part number for the fan, I have asked other members about this and once I get more information I'll come back.
    Thanks.
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    onurc4826 said:
    Hi,
    Thanks.

Hi,
    Sorry, unable to obtain the part number, could you please try contacting Acer Support centre in your region:http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
  • deevmtb
    deevmtb Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I've ran into a similar issue with my fans, too. One of them managed to wiggle a bit loose, and I can hear it rubbing sometimes while it spins. We can buy pretty much every other part to repair these things on our own, but the fan seems to be the most elusive.

While digging, I was able to find this on AliExpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-original-cpu-cooling-fan-for-Acer-Predator-Helios-300-G3-571-FCN-DFS541105FC0T-FJN1-CPU/32842402045.html

Straight out of China from the manufacturer, however they want you to provide some additional information to prove who you are (scan of a driver's license, photo I.D., or even the card you're purchasing with). I've never had to do that with an international retailer, so I'm hesitant, however they do offer additional payment methods that others may be more apt to try.

Other than finding the legitimate part, I was also able to get the part number: DFS541105FC0T FJN1

The only other place I've managed to find the part is on eBay and a Russian source, and I'm assuming (I know) that they come from a similar source due to the same photos being used on each site. I don't have a complete tear-down guide, but from the photos I've seen it seems that they're fairly easy to get to, and the plate that holds the fans together is held down by a few screws. You can get a better view of this at the bottom of this link: http://laptopmedia.com/review/acer-predator-helios-300-g3-571-gtx-1060-review-acers-affordable-gtx-1060-powered-notebook/

All of my sources are from within the U.S., so I'm not sure if someone will have better luck elsewhere. I'm contacting customer support later to see if I can DIY the fans without voiding the warranty, maybe even try to get some shipped straight from Acer. No sense in waiting 2 weeks for a claim to go through while I'm in the middle of a semester.
  • rocksolid
    rocksolid Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    deevmtb said:
    I've ran into a similar issue with my fans, too. One of them managed to wiggle a bit loose, and I can hear it rubbing sometimes while it spins.

Other than finding the legitimate part, I was also able to get the part number: DFS541105FC0T FJN1

All of my sources are from within the U.S., so I'm not sure if someone will have better luck elsewhere. I'm contacting customer support later to see if I can DIY the fans without voiding the warranty, maybe even try to get some shipped straight from Acer.
    onurc4826 said:
    Does anyone know the part number of the cooling fans? I' googled it, but didn't find any spare parts.

deevmtb, I seem to be having a similar issue with one of the fans on my helios and I'm looking to replace it. I've found another one on ebay that looks legit: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-for-Acer-Predator-Helios-300-G3-571-CPU-COOLING-FAN-DFS541105FC0T-FJN1-/162917693586

Before I pull the trigger on buying it, I was wondering, were you able to get a hold of customer support about replacing the fans? If so, what did they say?

onurc4826, I was also only able to find the fan that I linked above with the same part number that deevmtb mentioned: DFS541105FC0T FJN1
  • RINKASHIME
    RINKASHIME Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    onurc4826 said:
    Hi, the blades of the cpu cooling fan have been broken when I tried to clean it with compressed air. Does anyone know the part number of the cooling fans? I' googled it, but didn't find any spare parts. I've found the fans of other Predator models and VX15. But I doubt they would fit if I tried to replace it with one of them.
    Hello, have you fixed it yet? Both of my fans didn't work anymore.. nor can be detected by my laptop. So i ordered 2 fans with the same model. Do you think it would work for both gpu and cpu? Thanks. I ordered the "FCN" one.
  • RINKASHIME
    RINKASHIME Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    deevmtb said:
    I've ran into a similar issue with my fans, too. One of them managed to wiggle a bit loose, and I can hear it rubbing sometimes while it spins. We can buy pretty much every other part to repair these things on our own, but the fan seems to be the most elusive.

While digging, I was able to find this on AliExpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-original-cpu-cooling-fan-for-Acer-Predator-Helios-300-G3-571-FCN-DFS541105FC0T-FJN1-CPU/32842402045.html

Straight out of China from the manufacturer, however they want you to provide some additional information to prove who you are (scan of a driver's license, photo I.D., or even the card you're purchasing with). I've never had to do that with an international retailer, so I'm hesitant, however they do offer additional payment methods that others may be more apt to try.

The only other place I've managed to find the part is on eBay and a Russian source, and I'm assuming (I know) that they come from a similar source due to the same photos being used on each site. I don't have a complete tear-down guide, but from the photos I've seen it seems that they're fairly easy to get to, and the plate that holds the fans together is held down by a few screws. You can get a better view of this at the bottom of this link: http://laptopmedia.com/review/acer-predator-helios-300-g3-571-gtx-1060-review-acers-affordable-gtx-1060-powered-notebook/

All of my sources are from within the U.S., so I'm not sure if someone will have better luck elsewhere. I'm contacting customer support later to see if I can DIY the fans without voiding the warranty, maybe even try to get some shipped straight from Acer. No sense in waiting 2 weeks for a claim to go through while I'm in the middle of a semester.
    Ordered the one from ebay. And will come after 5 days. I hope that model would perfectly fit for both of my fans. As you guys tested it already.
  • miki123p
    miki123p Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    hi  i have a little problem with my acer predator helios 300 from 2018 with fans rattling &buzzing unnaturally i think even the 1 for gpu dosen't fully speed up can somebody send a link to new fans for  replacement? my exact model is Predator PH315-51
  • miki123p
    miki123p Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    oh btw  if somebody can send link to the fans which would  ship to poland i would appreciate it very much 
  • jazzietay
    jazzietay Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    miki123p said:
    hi  i have a little problem with my acer predator helios 300 from 2018 with fans rattling &buzzing unnaturally i think even the 1 for gpu dosen't fully speed up can somebody send a link to new fans for  replacement? my exact model is Predator PH315-51
    I had mine fixed and have the same issue... It's started rattling and now one of the ram is not working.  The buzzing for the 1 GPU I think is from lack of lube.  If u open it, the warranty will go.  If this isn't an issue, try cleaning it with alcohol, then using a strong mechanical/ device lubricant.  To be honest I think mine needs replacing as it is sounding as if it's constantly flapping on a board or something.