Chromebook 15 (2017) Trackpad Rattle

FBOL
FBOL Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
The trackpad on my new Chromebook 15 (2017) feels loose and rattles when I tap it. Is this a known issue?

Answers

• wellboy
    wellboy Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited January 2018
    Mine(CB515) has the same problem. I really don't understand why Acer makes it so loose. The earlier versions have a more stable touch pad. This one shakes and rattles and makes annoying noises.  It is a known issue. I have seen this being reported on many review sites. However, this does not seem to be a real deal breaker. I probably will keep it. 
  • wellboy
    wellboy Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited January 2018
    This is one of the views. Acer really needs to do a better job on this. Everything else is good except this touch pad thing. I may return it or keep it. Debating.

Cannot post links, but here is some quote from one of the reviews.

"All of that is excellent, but it brings me to what I hate most about the design: the trackpad. This cheap-feeling touchpad has already developed a small rattle after only a week of use. I tend to use tap-to-click a lot, and I never got used to hearing the touchpad ever-so-slightly shake around. This is the kind of detail that separates this affordable model from classier competitors like the   Samsung Chromebook Pro or HP Chromebook 13."
  • ratickle
    ratickle Member Posts: 1 New User
    Just got my Acer Chromebook 514.  It is also infected by the dreaded trackpad rattle.  Gonna search online to see if someone know how to fix it.