Acer spin 5

Sssssssiio
Sssssssiio Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello I want to buy a new laptop soon 
I' thinking to buy acer spin 5 
Should I ? Can anyone tell me about your experience with this laptop (I'm talking about the 15.6 inch with 8 generation )

Comments

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,328 Pathfinder
    edited November 2018

For the price, it's an excellent laptop. I don't think you're going to get a better model as far as convertible touchscreen laptops go for the price.

> Keyboard is one of the nicest on all comparable convertible laptops (I looked at Lenovo, LG, ASUS and HP). It's properly positioned unlike Lenovo's new convertible laptop, and the keys are backlit and feel really nice while typing.
    >The display is sharp and beautiful, but I have to put up with the glossy finish (I'm not a fan of glossy screens, really, but still it's quite nice)
    >Audio is pretty good. The speakers are a little tinny at high volumes but it gets very loud and is still clear.
    >No issues with the convertible aspect of it or the touchscreen. Laptop quickly transitions into tablet mode after folding it.
    >The system (optionally) automatically responds to different monitor folding positions - it just does the right thing, and was a nice surprise.
    >Great battery life, and does really well running Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom, which were too intensive to run well on my aging MacBook Air.
    >Slightly wish it had an SD card reader instead of a Micro SD, but I've converted most of my cards at this point, so I can always hook up an external reader.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy this laptop. There aren't any significant issues that would prevent you from making this purchase or recommending it. Other manufacturers are starting to release similar products around this price point now, but I wouldn't trade it.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Sssssssiio
    What about the fan is it noisy ?
  • Sssssssiio
    Is it better then the acer aspire r15 ?
  • raespin5
    raespin5 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I just purchased a spin 5 last month and the fan does get quite noisy. But besides that, the laptop is wonderful and I would definitely recommend.

If anyone knows any ways to solve the loud fan issue that would be awesome! But honestly, the loud fan for me only occurs if I'm running one too may programs all at once, which thankfully I don't do too often. Sometimes it will periodically run loudly when I've just turned on the laptop for the first half an hour, after that it settles.
  • Winston888
    Winston888 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

raespin5 said:
    I just purchased a spin 5 last month and the fan does get quite noisy. But besides that, the laptop is wonderful and I would definitely recommend.

If anyone knows any ways to solve the loud fan issue that would be awesome! But honestly, the loud fan for me only occurs if I'm running one too may programs all at once, which thankfully I don't do too often. Sometimes it will periodically run loudly when I've just turned on the laptop for the first half an hour, after that it settles.
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/539225/bad-battery-life-nitro-5-spin#latest
    the workaround I apply for the nitro spin 5 also solve the fan noise issue i have
  • Recareca
    Recareca Member Posts: 2 New User
     IMHO don't even think about purchasing    ACER - SP513-51-57Y1 TOUCH.
    Mine has the most dreadful fan noise, my previous Acer Aspire 5733Z  was almost silent by comparison.
    At the time of posting its being accessed by Acer service department, hope I can post a favourable outcome to this issue.
    Incidentally only purchased Spin out of brand loyalty as I was so pleased with Aspire 5733Z
  • Recareca
    Recareca Member Posts: 2 New User
    Happy to say its all fixed...............
  • ssullivan
    ssullivan Member Posts: 2 New User
    @Recareca how did they fix it? Did you send in the physical computer or were they able to access it remotely? I'm torn between the spin 7 and spin 5. The 5 has so many more features and a better processor, but the 7 has that silent operation, which is such a selling point.