Helios 300 always goes o sleep no matter what i set-up

Options
szymi1987
szymi1987 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited February 2018 in Predator Laptops
Ok so I have Predator Helios 300 i7 7700hq/17.3inch/GTX1060/16gb Ram/256ssd-1tb latest windows 10 build and even I turned it off all settings off for sleep or hibernate its still doing it after 2 minutes, no screen savers, everything regarding battery set to never or to "0"in advanced settings its still goes blank.... any fix?

Answers

• Ugo
    Ugo Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Same to me, same laptop same problem.
    Some time goes even before then 2 mins. 
    So annoying!

• szymi1987
    szymi1987 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    Looks like there is no answer for US....

• WonkyDonkey
    WonkyDonkey Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I also have the exact same laptop, and the exact same problem.
  • Sobe
    Sobe Member Posts: 138 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
  • WonkyDonkey
    Options
  • WonkyDonkey
    edited January 2018
    Options
    oopsies... My earlier reply did not fix it, that only gave me the ability to display how long the lock screen stayed up. Here is the real solution I found on another forum, just a simple reg edit. And now it works like a charm..

1. Click on the windows icon
    2. Type regedit
    3. Right-click on regedit icon, click Run as administrator
    4. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\238C9FA8-0AAD-41ED-83F4-97BE242C8F20\7bc4a2f9-d8fc-4469-b07b-33eb785aaca0
    5. Double click on Attributes
    6. Enter number 2.
    7. Go to Advanced power settings (click on Windows button, write power options, click on Power Options, in the selected plan click on the Change plan settings, click on the Change advanced power settings).
    8. Click Sleep, then System unattended sleep timeout, then change these settings from 2 Minutes to 20 for example.
    That's it! ... 

• giorgiomax
    giorgiomax Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    I'm having same issue and I'm gonna try the suggestions mentioned in this thread and let you know later.

My case is usually after powering on from suspend or hybernation mode, after I pass the locking screen, if I don't do anything for like 3 or 5 mins, it goes back to sleep again.
    I don't use it on battery, I'm always connected.

I've checked if the power connection is showing on the battery icon and is there, so at least the software recognizes the AC connection.

My power settings for suspension are after 5mins on battery and 5hours on AC
  • henryho1112
    henryho1112 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    oopsies... My earlier reply did not fix it, that only gave me the ability to display how long the lock screen stayed up. Here is the real solution I found on another forum, just a simple reg edit. And now it works like a charm..

2. Type regedit
    4. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\238C9FA8-0AAD-41ED-83F4-97BE242C8F20\7bc4a2f9-d8fc-4469-b07b-33eb785aaca0
    6. Enter number 2.
    7. Go to Advanced power settings (click on Windows button, write power options, click on Power Options, in the selected plan click on the Change plan settings, click on the Change advanced power settings).
    8. Click Sleep, then System unattended sleep timeout, then change these settings from 2 Minutes to 20 for example.
    That's it! ... 

Thanks a lot man!
  • Gabriel43
    Gabriel43 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options

2. Type regedit
    6. Enter number 2.
    That's it! ... 

Thanks a lot man!
    for me it works but just for 20 minutes and than again and after that again in few minutes. how can i fix it for ever?
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    Gabriel43 said:

2. Type regedit
    6. Enter number 2.
    That's it! ... 

Thanks a lot man!
    for me it works but just for 20 minutes and than again and after that again in few minutes. how can i fix it for ever?
    Change time to 9999
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Gauravh
    Gauravh Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

2. Type regedit
    6. Enter number 2.
    That's it! ... 

Thanks a lot, that did the trick :)

• TheDivineHustle
    TheDivineHustle Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Solution is above, thanks!
  • Foos
    Foos Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi!

Since this is one of the top search result for this issue, here's what the issue turned out to be in my case (Acer Predator H300, this affects other models too):

I had a watch with a magnetic bracelet, and at certain hand positions it would trick the laptop into thinking I was closing the screen, causing a screen blink if it passed briefly, or sleep mode in the worst case. Took me forever to find out, hopefully this can help others.