Aspire ES1-512-C5YW powers on but wont boot - single flashing blue light...

shawie60
shawie60 Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
edited July 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi Ive been looking at my friends aspire ES1-512 laptop which powers on  but wont boot into windows or start. It powers on but the power light flashes on and off (blue)
Occasionally when he presses random keys it comes on and works as it should untill its shut down or restarted!
Ive tried resetting the battery with the paper clip. tested the power supply (thats fine and it charges the battery), I've opened it up, disconnected the battery, removed the memory and tried a hard reset. Still the same. Ive checked both the memory and hard drive for errors, none found.
Ive tried powering it on with the battery disconnected ... same result. Anyone had this problem before or can offer a solution please?
I get the impression with a keypress bringing it back to life now and again it might be dropping into sleep mode or similar but im guessing because I've run out of options.
Any imput would be appreciated please ..
thanks

Answers

• matronix
    matronix Member Posts: 1 New User
    hey mate,having the same problem here,try messing around with the hard drive, switching around the ram into different slots, and try messing around with the cmos battery, your best bt is the cmos as I was refurbishing my laptop for my little sister,checking the hhd size, seeing if I could fit an ssd, and checked the ram,seeing if it was ddr 2 or 3 because I wanted to upgrade it to 8gb and had a look at the cmos, put it back together and then had the same problem with my acer aspire 5742z