My most of the games aren't working after the blue screen error on my Predator Helios 300 (G3-572)

Options
Saad98
Saad98 Member Posts: 60 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
When i statrted the Nvidia GeForce Experience and updated my graphic driver and also checked for the latest windows update, after restarting, I was playing Forza Horizon 3 (cracked game) and then suddenly the laptop hanged and a blue screen error occured showing that it will restart. Even after waiting for half an hour the laptop didn't started. Then i hold the power key until the laptop shut down. I started my laptop next day and everything was working fine but i wasn't able to play any of my games, not even the steam games. I tried re-installing games and restarting laptop but nothing happened. Hope to get a proper solution. Thanks in advance.  :)

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    download this tool, whocrashed:

before running it, browse to C:\windows\minidump
    delete all files apart the first 2-3 files (newest)
    then install whocrashed and run it
    click on Analyze
    report here the result.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Saad98
    Options
    IronFly said:
    download this tool, whocrashed:
    before running it, browse to C:\windows\minidump
    delete all files apart the first 2-3 files (newest)
    then install whocrashed and run it
    click on Analyze
    report here the result.
    OK..Thank you but the games used to play are working now. I don't know how because I did nothing. The only game I did not installed is the cracked version of Forza Horizon 3. BTW, do you still recommend me to do so that you wrote in the comment? I can totally do that if you want me to do so :)
  • Saad98
    Options
    I also checked the minidump folder you asked me to check. It's empty. So, what should I do now?
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Sorry, but if the game is cracked, we can't really help you as it can be the game itself. As far as I know, there are no cracks for windows games, unless you mess with the registry and make it somehow work. Changing the registry means you can mess up something, which can lead to game crushing or windows crushing.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    i agree with @ven98 , cracked games can arise bad issues and empty minidump folder means that windows didn't crashed or had no time to save the files.
    I'm not an Acer employee.