Screen mirroring with Aspire E5 576G

Options
Larrycleve
Larrycleve Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
After clicking the action center on windows 10 it sees my Roku. After clicking it says connecting and the tv says acquiring video from laptop. The bar gets to 30% then stops and the Roku goes back to the home screen. I tried this with a Google Chromecast and it couldn't find the device. Everything is on the same network and I have no problem with a tablet or phone.

I tried updating and uninstalling the wifi driver with no luck. Any ideas?

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,631 Trailblazer
    edited January 2018 Answer ✓
    Options
    >>>Actually I'm sending Slacker from the laptop to the tv. It goes directly to the tv fine but not through the Roku>>>

Good going! This was actually gonna be my next suggestion cuz Roku is way lame relative to the E5. 8^) Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Options
    No ideas. But one question. What video was supposed to be acquired from the laptop? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Larrycleve

Tinkerer

Options
    That's just what Roku says when it's preparing to mirror the screen. On the tablet or phone the bar goes to 100% and the screen is on the tv as well as the audio.
  • JackE
    Options
    Other than the Roku issue, does the laptop seem to connect to the router and internet OK? Upload/download speed tests OK? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Larrycleve

Tinkerer

Options
    Those are fine. My tv is Samsung UN55F7050AF. When I set the tv input to screen mirroring the picture and audio from Slacker radio go perfectly to the tv and speakers.

So the laptop won't mirror to Roku or Chromecast. Could it be as simple as connecting them to another hdmi input on the tv? Any ideas what else to try?

By the way Happy New Year!
  • JackE
    Options
    Well, nothing seems wrong with the laptop's wifi so I wouldn't mess with that driver any more. So that I'm clear, you're tuning to slacker with the Roku box. Then Roku sends the slacker content to your TV via the router but not to the laptop. Is this correct? Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• Larrycleve

Tinkerer

Options
    Actually I'm sending Slacker from the laptop to the tv. It goes directly to the tv fine but not through the Roku. This is probably now a moot point since I've got a way for it to work. I'm just curious why my android tablet mirrors its screen to the Roku fine but not my laptop.
  • JackE
    edited January 2018 Answer ✓
    Options
    >>>Actually I'm sending Slacker from the laptop to the tv. It goes directly to the tv fine but not through the Roku>>>

Good going! This was actually gonna be my next suggestion cuz Roku is way lame relative to the E5. 8^) Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ