in Acer Aspire V5-471G laptop Bios Menu not opening.

Options
isdpatel
isdpatel Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Good Morning,

i have my acer aspire V5-471G laptop. i cant open Bios menu. here i mentioned what i tried.
1. Bios menu not open through F2,Del,F12 also i tried F10,F8 then Fn+F2 , Fn+f12 but same still it not opening.
2. i also removed Bios Cell and tried to open but same issue faced.
3. then i remove HDD and install windows 10 in its HDD after attaching in different PC . OS was install but when after reinstall HDD in my laptop its show "NO OPERATING SYSTEM ".

Kindly Request to give any solution for this issue.................

Thank You ,
Sandip Patel
+880-1708519992

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    No operating system depends if you re-installed windows using UEFI or Legacy and installing windows using another PC and switching HDD is not the best way to do it.

do this:
    1) download a windows 10 iso using Microsof tool:
    select the proper windows 10 version (the same installed on your laptop) and choose to save it as iso file when prompted
    2) download Rufus:
    plug your USB flash drive, run Rufus then:
    select ISO image from the dropdown menu near "Create a bootable disk"
    click on the little icon on the right and browse to the windows 10 downloaded iso file
    as  Partitions scheme select "GPT partition scheme for UEFI"
    as File system select "FAT32"
    click on Start
    wait until it finish, then uplug your USB flash drive
    3) backup all your personal data *
    4) Reboot to BIOS, pressing F2 at boot, then press F9 to load default and F10 to save and exit
    5) plug your USB flash drive and at boot press F12 (if F12 doesn't work, see if it auto-recognise the USB flash drive or press F2 to enter BIOS and enable F12 boot menu under BOOT tab), choose the USB flash drive as bootable device
    6) once at language/keyboard selection, press shift+F10, a command prompt will open
    7) type
    Diskpart
    list disk
    select disk x (x is the number of your HDD)
    clean
    convert GPT
    exit
    exit again to close command prompt
    8) proceed with windows 10 installation
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • isdpatel
    isdpatel Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    IronFly said:
    No operating system depends if you re-installed windows using UEFI or Legacy and installing windows using another PC and switching HDD is not the best way to do it.

do this:
    1) download a windows 10 iso using Microsof tool:
    select the proper windows 10 version (the same installed on your laptop) and choose to save it as iso file when prompted
    2) download Rufus:
    plug your USB flash drive, run Rufus then:
    select ISO image from the dropdown menu near "Create a bootable disk"
    click on the little icon on the right and browse to the windows 10 downloaded iso file
    as  Partitions scheme select "GPT partition scheme for UEFI"
    as File system select "FAT32"
    click on Start
    wait until it finish, then uplug your USB flash drive
    3) backup all your personal data *
    4) Reboot to BIOS, pressing F2 at boot, then press F9 to load default and F10 to save and exit
    5) plug your USB flash drive and at boot press F12 (if F12 doesn't work, see if it auto-recognise the USB flash drive or press F2 to enter BIOS and enable F12 boot menu under BOOT tab), choose the USB flash drive as bootable device
    6) once at language/keyboard selection, press shift+F10, a command prompt will open
    7) type
    Diskpart
    list disk
    select disk x (x is the number of your HDD)
    clean
    convert GPT
    exit
    exit again to close command prompt
    8) proceed with windows 10 installation
    Thank You For Solution but My problem is BIOS not Opening . and i am using RUFUS to installing any os from usb.

do you know about bios menu not opening issue?

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    edited December 2017
    Options
    UEFI can lockup sometimes and the only way to enter it, is using windows 10 boot options.
    http://gateway-us.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37064/~/windows-10:-access-the-uefi-bios

if it will not open...something went wrong and you need to contact Acer support service.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Azizan
    Azizan Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    isdpatel said:
    Good Morning,

i have my acer aspire V5-471G laptop. i cant open Bios menu. here i mentioned what i tried.
    1. Bios menu not open through F2,Del,F12 also i tried F10,F8 then Fn+F2 , Fn+f12 but same still it not opening.
    2. i also removed Bios Cell and tried to open but same issue faced.
    3. then i remove HDD and install windows 10 in its HDD after attaching in different PC . OS was install but when after reinstall HDD in my laptop its show "NO OPERATING SYSTEM ".

Kindly Request to give any solution for this issue.................

Thank You ,
    Sandip Patel
    +880-1708519992
    Hi, i also have a same problem, i try change cmos battery, doing bootable usb, but, still same, error. how to do? 
  • hiimweird
    hiimweird Member Posts: 44 Troubleshooter
    Options
    some people say short circuit the g2101 thingy