Laptop performance drop over night

ThatTeo
ThatTeo Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hi! So as the title suggests, my laptop's performace seems to have dropped over night. Last night I was playing GTA V with auto graphics settings on the laptop and I was getting 40-50 FPS. But this morning when I booted up the game I was getting around 15-20 FPS. While not completly unplayable, the difference between FPS made it terrible for me to play. I've noticed a similar FPS drop in Assasins Creed 4 (low settings) aswell. 
I have an Acer Aspire v3 772g with an I7 4702MQ 2.2Ghz processor, nVidia GeForce GTX 760M 2GB GPU and 8GB of DDR3 RAM. I run a freshly installed copy of Windows 10. The laptop is also 3-ish years old (second hand) . The only "changes" that I made to my system over the gap between sessions was trying to move some files from an older laptop through bridging which was a complete failure, I tryed the same thing with Filedrop, also pretty much failed. I uninstalled the program afterwards and procedeed to game.
It's not a cooling problem since yesterday the laptop was basicly on at all time either running GTA or AC4 with no performance drop. The laptop has always been on High Performance battery settings. I have no programs running in the backgroud other than uPlay for AC4 and Steam for GTA V.

If you guys have any idea on why it would do such a thing then please let me know. I'm pretty desperate since these games were running fine just 12 hours before bootig them up again.

Note: I have rebooted the laptop plently times both yesterday and today.

Thank you very much for any help that you may provide! I hope you have a wonderful day!