Is screen bleeding on my acer swift 3 normal.

Options
Kasperr
Kasperr Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I bought a brand new acer swift 3 a few days ago and right out of the box I notice some screen bleeding on the top left and right-hand corners. I was just wondering if this was normal or if I should take the laptop back / get it repaired.

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Light bleeding is considered normal for IPS displays, according to manufacturers. The light bleed on your screen doesn't look very bad(I have about the same amount on my device too, maybe a little less). It will always be noticable in darker backgrounds, but most importantly it should be barely noticable or not present, while watching movies. 

If you feel uncomfortable with the amount of bleeding, you can contact your retailer and ask for a replacement, if you are still within the test period. Mind that it is not guaranteed that the new device will have less bleeding, it is even possible to have more. Don't contact Acer, as they will ask for your device to be serviced and no one likes his/her device to be serviced from day 1 =) . Even you choose Acer to replace the screen of your device, it is still no guaranteed that the new screen will have less bleeding.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    This does not seem to be normal for a brand new device and you need to Acer technical support to resolve this issue.
    Check on the following link and select your region for further help.. http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Light bleeding is considered normal for IPS displays, according to manufacturers. The light bleed on your screen doesn't look very bad(I have about the same amount on my device too, maybe a little less). It will always be noticable in darker backgrounds, but most importantly it should be barely noticable or not present, while watching movies. 

If you feel uncomfortable with the amount of bleeding, you can contact your retailer and ask for a replacement, if you are still within the test period. Mind that it is not guaranteed that the new device will have less bleeding, it is even possible to have more. Don't contact Acer, as they will ask for your device to be serviced and no one likes his/her device to be serviced from day 1 =) . Even you choose Acer to replace the screen of your device, it is still no guaranteed that the new screen will have less bleeding.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.