Bluetooth not pairing or connecting

iNclement
iNclement Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
My TravelMate P643-M bluetooth is not pairing or connecting, I've tried services.msc, Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers to Add a device, Device manager to scan for hardware changes, Uninstall and Reinstall driver and still no result...

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,430 Trailblazer
    On the front right side of the laptop, do you see a small switch? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• iNclement

Tinkerer

Yeah the switch turns on/off wifi connection that's all it does for me, is there a trick to it?
  • JackE
    On some models it also controls BT. Open Device Mgr. Network adapters. What wifi adapter model is listed? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• iNclement

Tinkerer

edited December 2017
    WiFi:
    Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter # 2
    And
    Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter # 3

BlueTooth:
    Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
    And
    Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)

Bluetooth Radios:
    Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) 4.0 + High Speed Adapter
    And 
    Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator

I have the proper drivers and I've tried everything online including youtube tutorial and still no result.

I have a SONIC GEAR Evo 5 THAT WON'T CONNECT

SO I BOUGHT A JBL CHARGE 2+ AND STILL WON'T CONNECT

• JackE
    Sorry. I'm looking for the wifi adapter (wireless lan) model number which should be either Broadcom, Atheros or Intel. Some have integrated BT. Also, is it still the original factory-installed WinVer? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Mcduff
    Mcduff Member Posts: 2 New User
    I'm having the same problem with my bluetooth speakers not syncing . My speakers are Onnit bluetooth speakers.  My Os is Windows 10 home 64bit .   Under my network adapter it says 
    "Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter" .   I've tried everything  uninstalling bluetooth and reinstalling . 
  • JackE
    This thread is almost 3 years old. Please start your own thread for more exposure to the rest of the community. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ