Which wireless driver?

Options
masken8
masken8 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Soo apparently im no longer illegable for warranty support so i had to ask here what wireless driver should i get my wifi is not working

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,640 Trailblazer
    Options
    What is the ACER model and number? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• masken8

Tinkerer

Options
    My Acer model is Aspire E5-522G
  • JackE
    Options
    Does Device Mgr show any driver issues with yellow or red warning signs? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• masken8

Tinkerer

Options
    No        
  • JackE
    Options
    OK. The driver probably got corrupted somehow. So go back to Device Mgr. Left click on Network adapters. Your wireless network adapter should be identified. Make note of it. Right click on the wireless network adapter. Then clidk on uninstall driver. Exit Device Mgr. Then shutdown Windows. Then re-boot and let Windows automaticallly re-detect the wireless adapter and re-install the wireless driver. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• masken8

Tinkerer

Options
    Apparently my laptop have the oem edition can i still do that?
  • JackE
    Options
    Yep. It certainly isn't working now as long as you're sure that your router and modem are working OK. Perhaps you might want to reboot those two if you're not sure. If Windows installs a driver that doesn't work, then we just download the Broadcom, Atheros or Intel driver from the ACER site. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• masken8

Tinkerer

Options
    Im doing it tomorrow i don't want some problem that i have to stay up all night to fix
  • JackE
    Options
    Awww. You'll sleep better if you get the wifi back tonight. 8^) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ