Predator Helios 300 G3-572-7703 External Display not detected

Options
GzyRay
GzyRay Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I just received my predator helios 300 today and wanted to connect it to an external display, however it does not detect any external display connected.
I have tried the following options all to no avail:

1)Display settings>mutliple displays>detect
2)Changing HDMI Cables
3)Testing with multiple monitors/TV (I am currently using these display with HDMI connected so no problems with the display's HDMI)
4)Using HDMI>VGA adaptor
5)Updating display driver in device Manager
6)Going to bios to check for any settings regarding multiple displays but there seem to be none (i watched a video guide teaching to enable multiple displays in bios but seems like its only for PC?)

There is not a slightest hint that the laptop is detecting any external display(even in the device manager), so i am wondering if anyone has any advice on this or i just have to get it fixed right out of the box? :(

Answers

• adamo000
    adamo000 Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Have you installed Windows 10? 
  • GzyRay
    Options
    Yes its pre-installed with windows 10 and i have updated it.
  • adamo000
    Options
    Did you install latest Nvidia drivers? HDMI is controlled by Nvidia. 
  • GzyRay
    Options
    Yep GeForce Experience confirmed it had the latest updated drivers
  • adamo000
    Options
    You can try connect your external devices with USB to HDMI adapter. If it will work, you probably have to repair you helios 300 :/
    Maybe anyone else have other ideas. 
  • GzyRay
    Options
    A late update, but the issue was finally resolved today when i downloaded Nvidia's new driver update which was available on 08/01/2018 version 390.65 so i guess the issue is software related. Hope anyone who had the same problem can find their fix too.
  • rsponchiado
    rsponchiado Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have the same problem. I installed the last update of nvidia but without success (version 419.67). What can I do?
  • Aakarsh
    Aakarsh Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Today I tried out USB to HDMI adapter from StarTech (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00H91BQ7Y/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&psc=1). It worked like a charm. I have the 2020 version of Acer Predator Helios 300 laptop with RTX 2060. Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.