Does Aspire A515-51G-5072 has an IPS or TN display?

Options
geekvishal
geekvishal Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello, 
Does Aspire A515-51G-5072 has an IPS or TN display?
This model:-  https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/model/NX.GTCSI.002

Answers

• prak13
    prak13 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    I bought this laptop few days back and it has TN panel. In compare to any IPS panel colours look very dull and viewing angles are tolerable sideways but colour changes quickly  as soon as you move lid up or down.
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    There are A515-51Gs with IPS or TN panels. I suggest you to contact Acer support about the model number of the display on this particular model. These are the IPS displays that are likely to be installed on this system:
    LM156LF1L03
    B156HAN06.1
    NV156FHM-N42

These are the TN panels:
    B156HTN03.8
    N156HGA-EAB
    NT156FHM-N41

All of these panels that I mention are FHD.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• atonement
    atonement Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    ven98 said:
    There are A515-51Gs with IPS or TN panels. I suggest you to contact Acer support about the model number of the display on this particular model. These are the IPS displays that are likely to be installed on this system:
    LM156LF1L03
    B156HAN06.1
    NV156FHM-N42

These are the TN panels:
    B156HTN03.8
    N156HGA-EAB
    NT156FHM-N41

All of these panels that I mention are FHD.

Do any of the 8th Gen. models listed here https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/models/laptops/aspire5 have an IPS  panel? According to Panelook  only the first one is an IPS panel. The others are AHVA. And all of them are 6-bit capable of displaying only 262k colors. The first one is IGZO with 1000+ CR while the other two are plain a-Si with 700 CR. How do I make sure that I don't get saddled with a sub-par TN panel? ThanksT 
  • spud357c
    spud357c Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options