Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer aspire a515-51G-5072 is this laptop have IPS or TN panel?

prak13prak13 Posts: 4Member New User
edited January 12 in Legacy Laptops and Netbooks
I bought this laptop from paytm where it's  mention that it has IPS panel but display quality and viewing angels are really bad so I call acer support they said it has TN panel. Can anyone tell me how I can confirm which panel it has?
And touchpad gestures also  not working. HELP!

Best Answer

FAQ & Answers

• prak13prak13 Posts: 4Member New User
    Hey thanks its the exact same number which you posted here. What does it mean?
  • brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 8,386ACE Trailblazer
    prak13 said:
    Hey thanks its the exact same number which you posted here. What does it mean?

It's a TN panel, screen model number NT156FHM-N41, though it's a TN panel it's very high quality screen and it's response time is amazing( roughly 2.5x faster than a IPS panel).
  • prak13prak13 Posts: 4Member New User
    Can you help me in getting most out of this display? Everything looks so washed out right now.
  • spud357cspud357c Posts: 3Member New User
    I just checked the screen on my A515 and the Hardware Id and it shows MONITOR\NCP001C.  I have searched to see if this is an IPS or TN panel but can't find  anything - can someone let me know what it is.
    Thanks
  • spud357c said:
    I just checked the screen on my A515 and the Hardware Id and it shows MONITOR\NCP001C.  I have searched to see if this is an IPS or TN panel but can't find  anything - can someone let me know what it is.
    Thanks

Hi,
    Install HWiNFO64 program, run it, expand Monitor, highlight the screen and find the name in the right pane.
    https://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

• spud357cspud357c Posts: 3Member New User
    Thanks, that information allowed me to verify that it is an IPS screen
  • spud357c said:
    Thanks, that information allowed me to verify that it is an IPS screen
    You are welcome :)