Acer Chromebook r11 convertible keyboard issue

sticklady
sticklady Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
So as suggested, we were able to re-enable on screen keyboard so when the convertible is flipped for tablet use we now have a keyboard. BUT the external keyboard will not disable when in flipped "tablet" mode. A definite hassle when it "lap" types while trying to use in tablet mode. There must be another setting to address?  We have had this convertible for 3 months, wonder why all the problems now. Thanks everyone!

Answers

• daloburnett
    daloburnett Member Posts: 3 New User
    Can anyone tell me where I can find out how to use the multi function numeric keys ???
  • MStoddard
    MStoddard Member Posts: 3 New User
    Does anyone know why the keyboard is not turning off in tablet mode? Also, the display no longer auto-rotates when I put the chromebook in tablet mode. This was working not that long ago. I think a recent OS upgrade may have broken it.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru

Hi all,

I am sorry to hear you’re having issues with the rotating feature in your Chromebooks devices. It looks like Google is aware and working on it, here is some links to the Bug reports:

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=884096&desc=2#maincol

In some cases it looks like is being reported after the latest O.S. update (68) and in other instances it can be cause by a (Logitec) or any wireless mouse or device connected to the unit, Google should be releasing and update fix soon, in the mean time we can recommend to either disconnect any wireless device connected to your Chromebook and restart the unit or perform a "Powerwash and Revert":

If you have received the update to 68 and are experiencing no issues, you are good to go. If you are having connectivity issues or any other problems for the matter, you can attempt to roll back your device manually. Below you will find the steps but keep in mind that this will powerwash your Chromebook so make sure you back up and data you don’t want to lose!

1.   Reboot your device

2.   While rebooting, press and hold Ctrl+Alt+Shift+R

3.   When the Powerwash screen pops up, press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+R again and you should see a new screen that says “Powerwash and Revert.”

4.   Click the Powerwash button to begin the rollback.

If successful, your device should roll back to Chrome OS 67. 

Thanks,

Acer-Manny