Jittery Movement When Playing Overwatch

LiamHD
LiamHD Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hello everyone, I had this post on the blizzard forums since that was the first logical place to go but no response was heard, and I'm certain this is more to do with the machine than the game anyway.  So recently I purchased an Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop from Newegg (which I trust and would recommend for any gaming machine purchases). The first thing I did was install the game onto it's SSD and immediately noticed the improvements in performance from my last machine, an ASUS gaming laptop rocking about 2.5GHz processor and GTX950 GPU, but over the course of the past week or so I've started to notice other entities in game not moving smoothly. While I do get a decent 135fps with my new machine, the movements of the entities are jittery while I myself experience no rubberbanding or jitter in my own movement. I thought this might have something to do with my internet connection but I fired up the game on my old machine and this doesn't happen, it seems isolated to the new one. I read an article about ASUS computers and machines using a ROG board having software that could potentially cause this problem, but my Acer machine doesn't have that. I've observed that the odd movement occurs every 30 seconds or so accompanied by a small (~10-20ms) increase in ping and also taken the liberty of recording a small session (shadowplay failed to pick up my frustrated voice) where the problem can be seen briefly at 0:35 and becomes problematic at 1:07, thank you for your time, I would appreciate any help with this.

Visual: 

Answers

• Try disabling the Game bar, Game DVR, and Game Mode in Windows while you are in the game. It is under Start Menu > Gear Icon > Gaming.

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss
  • LiamHD
    LiamHD Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hm, this didn't seems to make a difference in the consistent ping spikes, although the game does load in slightly faster so thank you in that regard!