Windows 10 support for V5-131?

Options
FriendsNone
FriendsNone Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hi! Does the V5-131 support Windows 10? If so, will the Windows 8.1 drivers work in Windows 10 or are there any drivers made for Windows 10?

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    Your device isn't on the Acer's list for windows 10 supported devices.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• FriendsNone
    Options

ven98 said:
    Your device isn't on the Acer's list for windows 10 supported devices.
    But it'll work if I install Windows 10 and the drivers provided on Acer's website?
  • ven98
    Options
    They will work, but it is possible that some of the driver/s may not be compatible with new windows and stop working or cause BSODs.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• FriendsNone
    Options
    ven98 said:
    They will work, but it is possible that some of the driver/s may not be compatible with new windows and stop working or cause BSODs.
    Ah, OK. Should I still go and install Windows 10 or stay in Windows 8.1?
  • ven98
    Options
    It depends on you. If a driver isn't compatible and causes problems with your system after updating, you will be able to roll back to windows 8.1 during the next 10 days.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• FriendsNone
    Options
    ven98 said:
    It depends on you. If a driver isn't compatible and causes problems with your system after updating, you will be able to roll back to windows 8.1 during the next 10 days.
    OK. I'm actually going to do a clean install instead of an upgrade. I'll stay on 8.1 for better compatibility. Thanks for the help tho!
  • waterresistro
    waterresistro Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have a similar problem. I installed Windows 10 on an older laptop(aspire E1-531G) and Acer says the hardware is not compatible with windows 10 although it works wonderful for everyday use.
    So even if i buy what they're saying and i would still try to use Windows 8, I'm still disappointed to see that there aren't any driver updates for Win.8 since 2014 for a laptop that was on the market from 2012
    That's the worst after-sales support i've seen until now.