Setting default Source Signal on Monitor

Zod
Zod Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hi,
I've got an Acer R7 flat monitor and connected it with a HDMI cable to my computer.
Everytime I turn on the monitor it checks firstly the VGA source, then the DVI source and at the end the connected HDMI source.
Do you know a way of setting the HDMI source to be the default firstly "booted" source?
It's not a big problem of course, but it would be much more convenient to have automatically HDMI set first.
Thank you in advance for your help
Regards ;)
Zod

Comments

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,328 Pathfinder

Press any of the function buttons on your monitor (Empowering Key, Auto button, or Menu button) to open the shortcut menu. The shortcut menu lets you quickly select the most commonly accessed settings.

The default of Auto Source is “On”, it can support auto search for signal source in order.

When Auto Source is Off, press the “Input” Hot key to display the input source Menu. User can switch input source, or to control the “Auto Source” function.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Zod
    Zod Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you for your answer.
    Ehm, in the monitor options I have five keys:

1. e
    2. AUTO
    3. notebook
    4. volume
    5. INPUT

Clicking the 5th results in changing the input source. The monitor is searching and coming back to HDMI.
    Clicking the 3rd results in getting a second menu where source can be selected. HDMI is selected.
    I haven't found any other option here.
    When searching the source, the monitor always starts searching from VGA -> DVI -> HDMI.