Aspire E5-575G Overheating

Mosab
Mosab Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited February 2018 in Aspire Laptops
Greetings, i have a problem that when i play games such as dota 2, tomb raider 2013 and other offline games, if i put the graphics on high quality the GPU overheats. its temperature reaches 75C sometimes 80C degree. do i have to be concerned about it or is it normal? the graphics card i am using is NVIDIA GEFORCE 940MX. No viruses or any sort of that. maybe the laptop is not able to handle such games? Thanks for the care :).

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,426 Trailblazer
    edited December 2017
    Hi,
    Yes, it's normal and no need to worry about, maximum temperature may be 100°C, if the temperatures go above 95°C, then you need to be concerned.
    This is not a top end gaming laptop, so you won't get top notch performance.

• VegasWhoa
    VegasWhoa Member Posts: 79 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Expect this machine to run hot followed by the 940mx chip to blue screen hardware failure due to the heat.  There are a ton of these machines recertified due to this common problem.  For you, I hope this happens under warranty
  • VegasWhoa
    VegasWhoa Member Posts: 79 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Side note, you can download notebook fan control and set the app to keep the fan on at 100% speed all the time.  This helps tremendously!!! 
  • ifahenryc
    ifahenryc Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello, This is more of a question than a comment. I have an Acer Aspire E5-573-38UQ running on windows 10. Lately, I have been getting a settings message that my Acer power management is somehow not compatible with google chrome and I should, therefore, update or remove it. If anybody has any information to solve this problem, it would be much appreciated 
  • Techgamertin1205
    Techgamertin1205 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Mosab said:
    Greetings, i have a problem that when i play games such as dota 2, tomb raider 2013 and other offline games, if i put the graphics on high quality the GPU overheats. its temperature reaches 75C sometimes 80C degree. do i have to be concerned about it or is it normal? the graphics card i am using is NVIDIA GEFORCE 940MX. No viruses or any sort of that. maybe the laptop is not able to handle such games? Thanks for the care :).
    Hi I have Acer ES-574 I going to install valorant but I am worried if my laptop would heat I have intel graphics nvdia 920M AND 8GB OF RAM
    WOULD MY LAPTOP OVERHEAT OR SOMETHING?
  • Techgamertin1205
    WHAT IS NOTEBOOK FAN CONTROL
  • Techgamertin1205
    VegasWhoa said:
    Side note, you can download notebook fan control and set the app to keep the fan on at 100% speed all the time.  This helps tremendously!!! 
    How to do it?

• Mosab
    Mosab Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

VegasWhoa said:
    How to do it?

you can download it here 
    https://github.com/hirschmann/nbfc/releases

1-Select your laptop model from here if you couldn't find your exact model just select something similar.
    2-Then you should set it on enabled.
    3-Last step is to make it run on auto.