Nitro 5 extra hard drive slot

Jimc0
Jimc0 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I just received a refurbished Acer Aspire Nitro 5 laptop and went to look in the second storage Bay and there is no screws, ribbon cable, or hard drive module to screw the drive that i have ready to out in onto.  I purchased this laptop thinking that i could add a second drive and these parts are missing. I called acer support and was told that i would have to pay for the item, and acer refurbished told me all they can do is see if i can return the laptop.  I will probably not purchase another acer product because of this and I am very dissapointed. Why send me a laptop that is missing parts, and advertise that it has a second hdd bay if you didn't include cabling or mounting hardware. And why should i pay for something that should have came woth the unit?

Answers

• Jimc0
    Jimc0 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Please if you can send me this kit, it is much needed and I was anticipating this extra slot to be included
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    edited December 2017
    If you have already contacted Acer support, we can't really do anything more. You can only return back the laptop or pay Acer to send you the parts.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Ferguson1958
    Ferguson1958 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Can anyone please let me know where I can buy the kit for mounting a 1tb hard drive on my nitro 5 bought from Amazon usa. I live in the UK 
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    Can anyone please let me know where I can buy the kit for mounting a 1tb hard drive on my nitro 5 bought from Amazon usa. I live in the UK 

Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name, like VN7-xxxxxx or ANxxxx
  • TeslaUK
    TeslaUK Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name, like VN7-xxxxxx or ANxxxx
    Hello, Model Name: AN515-51-55WL
    Part Number: NH.Q2QAA.016.

This is the exact model I require the parts to install my HDD. Please help me get them, i can't figure out how to PM the support on here to have them ship me one. 

Thanks
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    edited March 2018
    Hi,
    You need HDD cable, HDD carrier, 2 sets of different size screws, you have to search online for the retailers or ebay. You could also contact Acer Support in UK, they might be able to provide partner retailers details.
    Try getting the screws from local repair shop, they are hard to find online.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support
    Cable part number: 50.Q28N2.004
    HDD Carrier:  33.Q28N2.001
    4 screws, size M2.0x3.0     86.GCHN2.009 ( to secure HDD assembly to the lower case)
    4 screws, size M3.0x3.0     86.MXRN2.008  (to secure HDD to the carrier).