Aspire VN7-791 - both USB ports on right side broken

rainbow23
rainbow23 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hi all,
I'm about to open up my Aspire VN7-791 nitro, to clean fans & keyboard, mainly. While I'm at it I was hoping to be able to repair the two USB-ports on the right. The thing is - I spilled my drink (some juice iirc) on the keyboard. After that, everything works fine, thankfully, except for the two right side USB ports. Left side ports work fine, only right side is gone. Is there any chance to repair this? And if so - how?

Many thanks in advance. Working with just two USB ports is kind of not ideal.

Comments

• Hi,
    Are those working next to DVD cover and the ones not working are next to HDMI port? If so, you are out of luck as you may need a new MB.
  • rainbow23

Tinkerer

Yeah, the ones next to HDMI are broken. Can you give me a hint as to what exactly would cause them to fail? Some SMD USB controller on the MB?
    Just asking because I have some very tech capable friends who might even be able to change such a part...

• I can not say what caused the failure, it's better to take it to your friends and let them have a look at the board, they might have proper tools to inspect the board and locate the faulty part.
  • rainbow23

Tinkerer

thank you, i'll propably do that then... Or just get a USB hub.

Just to check - maybe anybody else here with insight into Acer schematics or stuff, and with any idea which part would cause both right side USB ports to fail? (it's like they're not even there, absolutely nothing happens when I plug sthg in there...)