Acer E5-575G safe operating temperatures under load?

TechnoBeaver
TechnoBeaver Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I just purchased the Acer E5-575G with an i5-7200U, 8 GB DDR4 RAM, a GTX 950M w/ 2GB dedicated VRAM, and a 128 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD

I'm very happy with it, but I've been concerned with the temperatures it can reach while performing intensive tasks, like playing demanding games and video editing.

Playing GTA V, the average CPU temperature is 90C. L4D2 operates at around 85C, and video editing in Premiere Pro can bring the CPU up to 80C.  This is a brand new laptop - the fans are fully working and there is no dust build up in the chasis. While on intel's site, the i5-7200U is rated to run at up to 100c safely, I was more wondering if these temperatures are normal for this laptop, and if there is anything I can do to increase it's thermal performance.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Fan only operates at full speed when CPU reaches 98°C. You haven't pushed it hard enough yet. 8^) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Fan only operates at full speed when CPU reaches 98°C. You haven't pushed it hard enough yet. 8^) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• TechnoBeaver
    TechnoBeaver Member Posts: 4 New User
    JackE said:

So then I assume these temps are normal and that everything's fine. Just was thrown off by how much heat it generated.
  • JackE
    I think a safe assumption. Besides, the E5 is supposed to automatically shut down and off if the CPU ever reaches the boiling point of water. Unless the fan fails or clogs, it won't get there. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ