Aspire 3 touchpad problems..

cheiron7
cheiron7 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi 
When using touchpad to move cursor, on the first bit of movement it automatically double clicks and opens on any item it contacts [which is disasterous]. Also when say typing emails if the cursor is moved it deletes the entire text. Other times it refuses to double click or activate items without repeated firm tapping. I selected Acer because they seem to last a long time. However I have had many years of using Dell laptops at work and have none of the above problems. I am hoping this can be resolved -help please..

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi,
    Could you please post the actual model name, like A315-xx, check in BIOS whether the touchpad is in Advanced or Basic mode, click F2 as soon as you press Power button, go to Main tab and scroll down to Touchpad, if you find it's in Basic mode, switch to Advanced mode, click F10 to save settings and exit.
    You could also adjust the settings for Touchpad, click start( windows logo in Taskbar), click the wheel, click Devices tile, click Touchpad in the left pane and adjust the settings.

• cheiron7
    Aspire 3  A315-51-39GU 
    Many thanks brummyfan2 for getting back on this.. I checked touchpad in bios as you suggested and it is set to "advanced" I already had a fiddle in settings -"touchpad" and changed from medium to low sensitivity but this made no difference. Unfortunately the end of your message was cut off by the limited message frame? leaving the rest of your helpful instructions unavailable would be very grateful if you could re-send the end bit. By the way the Acer is now in "sulk mode" with the loading circle in perpetual rotation so have reverted to my ancient (but trusty) Dell desktop to reply.. 
  • Hi,
    You could try few things, if you scroll down the settings page, you will find "Reset" button and use it to reset the settings, if that doesn't help, go to Acer support and download the touchpad driver needed, you have to establish the makers of your touchpad, this is how you do it, go to the Properties of the HID compliant mouse, click Details tab, select Hardware IDs and check whether it's SYNA or ELAN(snip).
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/7210?b=1
    After downloading the appropriate driver, go to BIOS and switch to Basic mode, go to Device manager, uninstall the driver and without rebooting install the downloaded driver, go to BIOS settings and switch back to Advanced. HTH.

• cheiron7
    Thanks again brummyfan2 have downloaded driver for ELAN into a folder on desktop [as indicated to be fitted to this laptop]. Could I ask you more about switching to basic mode in bios cant find this. Also when driver deleted will it automatically find the new driver ..Thanks..
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    Click Advanced and you'll get two options as in the second picture, click up/ down arrow in the keyboard to switch to Basic mode.
    Uninstall the driver in Device manager, do not reboot, install the driver you have downloaded, if you reboot, Windows will install the driver.
  • JrTecnologia
    JrTecnologia Member Posts: 4 New User
    Estava com o mesmo problema, enfim consegui resolver.
    Segue o vídeo com o passo a passo. Espero ter ajudado ! =)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXrrTgq8TjM&t=12s