Aspire VX5-591G - driver power state failure

tombry
tombry Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have a problem with my laptop. After installing new geforce graphics drivers, the laptop hangs and BSOD pops up with driver power failure. Bios I have updated, I also tried to change the power plan settings. Unfortunately, it does not give anything. The laptop only works steadily on reference drivers from the acer site, did anyone have a similar problem?

Answers

• Unkz
    Unkz Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 2018
    Tengo el mismo problema y no se como solucionarlo, encontraste solución??? :s

I have the same problem and I do not know how to solve it, did you find a solution ??? : s
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    @tombry >>>After installing new geforce graphics drivers, >>>

What problem were you trying to solve with new drivers? Have you tried rolling back to the earlier drivers in Device Mgr. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• tombry

Tinkerer

Unfortunately, I still have this problem, Acer offers to send a laptop for repair. Laptop are working on old drivers, but you can not play new game titles on it
  • JackE
    Is it the 2GB or 4GB model? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• tombry

Tinkerer

this is a 4GB model
  • JackE
    >>>The laptop only works steadily on reference drivers from the acer site, did anyone have a similar problem? >>>

Why is this a problem? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• tombry

Tinkerer

edited April 2018
    I can not play new game titles like wolfenstein II: the new colossus. I have a message when the game starts: The drivers are too old.

• JackE
    The ACER driver is only 9mos old!!! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• tombry

Tinkerer

edited April 2018
    installing the current - the latest driver from nvidia, the effect is the same, notebook with battery works correctly, but when connecting the charger I get a BSOD with the message: driver power state failure.
    I explain, only on reference drivers it works correctly, and on every other it ends with a BSOD
  • JackE
    Have you tried to let Win10 automatically update (NOT manually) the driver yet? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• tombry

Tinkerer

Yes, I tried, as I wrote the notebook works normally without any BSOD only on reference drivers, there is a problem for everyone else. But only when connecting the charger, maybe you need to look for a solution here?
  • JackE

>>>there is a problem for everyone else>>>

Who is everyone else that has the problem? Is it only with these two games? The CPU might be automatically switched to maximum frequency only when plugged in. But then overheating with these two games. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• tombry

Tinkerer

on all other drivers besides the reference is the problem
  • JackE
    I don't understand??? You said "everyone else"? Who is "everyone else" Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• tombry

Tinkerer

I meant all the others graphic drivers, other than reference ones
  • JackE
    Your machine seems to be operating properly on the latest ACER OEM drivers which are less than a year old. I cannot find your post on this issue in the Colossus gaming community on why this new software is giving this error message?  https://bethesda.net/community/category/179/wolfenstein-ii-the-new-colossus   I think the issue is more due to only 4GB installed, not the nVidia driver.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ