COMPUTER ISSUES

Options
Figueiredo
Figueiredo Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I just purchased this computer at Costco took it home and updated it....( 6 hrs later)
 I turned the computer on and followed all instructions, now the computer is running
very slow and sometimes the screen freezes
..... should I return the computer?

Comments

• Sobe
    Sobe Member Posts: 138 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Are you getting the stuttering lag when right-clicking anywhere on the desktop? 
    When opening programs/applications, does it freeze a bit or lag a bit and then it opens up fine?

• Figueiredo
    Figueiredo Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    yes all of the above , sometimes it takes forever to load program or freezes
  • Sobe
    Sobe Member Posts: 138 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    This is a known issue with Intel graphics. I'm pretty sure it is also dealing with the new Fall Creator 1709 version. I am experiencing this as well. The way to combat this is to utilize Nividia graphics at full capacity, but that would drain the battery while you' would just doing light surfing. Search the Acer forum for "stutter" and there's a work around to remove the intel context menu and also installing a program to allow you to use Nvidia at full capacity rather than just disabling it from Device Manager. 

Here's  a known issue and Intel is aware of it: https://communities.intel.com/thread/119093?start=75&tstart=0