Acer Aspire S3-391 error 0xc00000e9

helpmeihaveabrain
helpmeihaveabrain Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hey there,
I currently have an Acer Aspire S3-391 laptop with around 450gb hdd and a 20gb SSD. Recently (5th December), I came home and turned it on and it was incredibly slow like trying to play gta 5 on ps1, thinking that it just needed to be restarted I restarted it but upon rebooting, it came to a black screen and error code 0xc00000e9. It said something like I should unplug all external devices so I unplugged my mouse and it is still disconnected. It has the same problem still and I don't know what to do; I can't get on to windows as it doesn't let me get to it, it just goes to the black screen and error. I'm able to get on the BIOS but I'm unsure what to do.
If somebody could help me I would really appreciate it.
Also, I've only had this since August and haven't tried doing anything crazy on it (i.e. it handled everything I did perfectly).
Thanks

Answers

• juggy123
    juggy123 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

• Power On your system
    • Once you see Acer logo keep tapping F8 key until the Advance Boot option menu is displayed on the screen.
    • use the arrow keys and select Safe mode with networking.
    If it doesnt give you the advance options, go to the BIOS and perform BIOS defaults and try to check if that resolves the issue.

If all that fails, try the below options.

1. Power On your system
    2. Once you see Acer logo keep tapping F8 key until the Advance Boot option menu is displayed on the screen
    3. Click Repair your computer.
    4. Select the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.
    5. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt.
    6. Type bootrec /rebuildbcd