Predator 17 G9-793-73MB Dedicated Graphics Memory question

Options
reid1492
reid1492 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hey
Just bought the Predator with i7-7700HQ, 16GB, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, 17.3in FHD IPS, DVD+/-RW, GeForce GTX1060. It is suppose to have 6GB on the 1060. But using the Intel Extreme Tuning, is say it only has 4GB under the System information. If I go into the Nvideo Control panel system information it say 6GB. 
My questions would be what one should I believe?
Thanks.
First gaming laptop or any laptop that is worth something. 

Best Answer

• Skelomorph
    Skelomorph ACE Posts: 463 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I think you should believe the NVIDIA graphics controller. Intel's Extreme Tuning Utility is primarily for reading and modifying Intel processors, not graphics cards. 

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss

Answers

• Skelomorph
    Skelomorph ACE Posts: 463 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I think you should believe the NVIDIA graphics controller. Intel's Extreme Tuning Utility is primarily for reading and modifying Intel processors, not graphics cards. 

Skelo
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

- Dr. Seuss
  • reid1492
    Options
    alright. Thanks for the help. NEw to all the gaming aspects. Got sick of the cheap laptops crapping out after two or three years so decided to get a predator in hopes of it lasting longer. 
  • Skelomorph
    Options
    reid1492 said:
    alright. Thanks for the help. NEw to all the gaming aspects. Got sick of the cheap laptops crapping out after two or three years so decided to get a predator in hopes of it lasting longer. 
    Laptops don't generally last more than 2-3 years, that is why they have 2 year warranties on them. Since it is a mobile computer, the chances of physically breaking it are that much higher. The components will outlast the physical condition. However, if you treat it well and are careful it can last a lot longer. Biggest thing is to move it as little as possible.

Skelo

- Dr. Seuss
  • reid1492
    Options
    Well the last one that the predator is replacing, I went through 3 or 4 of them in a matter of six months cause of components failing. and then they replaced it with a Dell and it really crapped out in a matter of a year and I just survived with it and made it work for a few years till it just got to slow and couldn't do much at all.