Sound problem

Options
2»

Answers

• San92
    San92 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    MLG said:
    Bought the same unit on Jan 11, same problem with speakers. Updated the speaker driver in device manager, partially worked but still had issues with e-mail alerts crackling. Updated my Bios to V1.02, day 3 and no crackling so far! 
    Do you have any news about this? Did updating bios definitely solve the problem? 
  • FabianK
    FabianK Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options
    Since Acer released BIOS V1.08, I have no more sound problemsSan92 said:
    MLG said:
    Bought the same unit on Jan 11, same problem with speakers. Updated the speaker driver in device manager, partially worked but still had issues with e-mail alerts crackling. Updated my Bios to V1.02, day 3 and no crackling so far! 
    Do you have any news about this? Did updating bios definitely solve the problem? 
    Acer has released a lot of BIOS updates in the last months. Since Acer released BIOS version 1.08, the sound problems with my notebook have disappeared. You should try that.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    @FabianK Thanks for the report. How long has it been since you installed the update with no sound issues? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• FabianK
    FabianK Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    @FabianK Thanks for the report. How long has it been since you installed the update with no sound issues? Jack E/NJ
    a few weeks. I installed it right after the release.
  • JackE
    Options
    Sounds good. Please keep us posted on any changes. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• nightowl
    nightowl Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    I'm also experiencing much crackling/static in the audio. Where can I find the new BIOS version 1.08 to install? I'm not very computer savvy, so any instructions would be so appreciated.

• nightowl
    nightowl Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    Last comment was mine...but in the meantime I did find the new BIOS download, so have now downloaded the 1.08 version. So far, so good, but it's only been a few minutes.  I'll check back after a few days to see if the sound is still OK without any crackling.
  • mstec
    mstec Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi. I have bought a new Acer Spin 5 SP513-52N two months ago and I experienced the same problem. Neither BIOS nor audio driver updates solved the issue. The actual solution was to change the configuration of Intel Smart Sound drivers as mentioned in this thread: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/533308/acer-swift-3-sf314-52-occasional-crackling-reverb-sound-while-using-the-speakers/p5
  • mLeier
    mLeier Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Same issue here with an Acer Spin5 that I bought end of January.  I have tried all of the fixes, updated the bios and the drivers and nothing has worked.  Restarting the computer used to make it go away for a while but now it is just always there.  I've spoken with Acer support twice, and their only option is for me to send my laptop in AT MY EXPENSE for them to fix it under warranty and send it back to me.  That would mean not having my laptop for 2-3 weeks which is not an option as I use it for work.  Terribly disappointed with Acer's non-response to this well known issue and also with their poor customer service.  I love the laptop otherwise but probably will not buy an Acer product again.  Has anyone had their speakers fixed/replaced by an independent third party?
  • JackE
    Options
    @mLeier Approximate date when issue began? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Andrew19891989
    Andrew19891989 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi guys, any news?
  • renus
    renus Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi Everyone,

I was installing in Acer Switch 11 SW5-111 but I think almost for sure that it work with Acer Switch 10.

For anyone having problems with sound or no sound after upgrading, installing or updating Windows 10, I think I found the solution after a few stressing days of work with it.

- Installed Windows 10 from Scratch (Clean Install);
    - Installed all drivers from Acer Website;
    - Installed drivers without any specific order;
    - After trying 50 possible available solutions I was finally was going to give up but started to work on the camera that did not work.
    - Atention any update made in Windows or drivers resulted on the Webcam not working and had to always apply the following patch from Acer Website:
    https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Patch/Patch/Patch_Acer_20160506_W10x86_A.zip?acerid=636001971830724791&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE%20SWITCH&Step3=SW5-111&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_4#_ga=2.45431463.2056994840.1543505797-712111775.1543406281
    The filename is: Patch_Acer_20160506_W10x86_A.zip

- I believe this problem with the sound has to do with the Intel Platform Drivers and I am not sure but I tried installing almost all of them but some people claim this one solves some problems with touch, sound or webcam:
    Platform Drivers_Intel_1.0.0.1064_W10x86_A.zip

The Intel Platform Drivers by order I think is this one:
    Platform Drivers_Intel_001_W10x86_A.zip
    Platform Drivers_Intel_1.0.0.1064_W10x86_A.zip

But FINALLY after applying the patch and not having sound I deleted from the sound devices the: Intel SST Audio Device (WDM) telling Windows to delete the driver and to seach automatically;
    - After this step I told Windows 10 to Automatically search for the best driver;
    - After this step I told Windows 10 to update the driver but to search for the best driver inside the folder from the patch: Patch_Acer_20160506_W10x86_A.zip that obviously was unzipped to a folder.
    The result was having SOUND AGAIN! I have not yet tested if it has problems with being clear sound or crackling but I have sound.

The image to prove the version of Windows 10 and the version of the driver that gives sound is below:

Intel: 603.9600.1948.32590

I hope this help anyone having problems with Acer Notebooks or Tablet.

Feel free to ask any questions and I will be happy to answer but I can only make more test for a few more days because the client needs the laptop back.

Thanks again.

• decrate
    decrate Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    People, i tried absolutaly everything on this planet to resolve the audio crackling problem. Like 100 tutorials. but i resolved almost by myself, cause i was searching audio non-related tutorials who were connected within some blue screens i was having randomly with the message DRIVER_ACESS_VIOLATION. I formated the computer 2 or 3 times and nothing changed.
    *****, i messed around the configurations on windows driving verifier, selecting all the drivers except the windows drivers. i rebooted the computer, it was giving blue screens. so i came with safe mode, and opened the windows driver verifier and selected to delet the options there. Then i opened cmd and type Verifier /reset
    I hope this work for someone too, it was driving me ***** insane. I will post it on other forums, cause i think is not related to acer computers, but with bad drivers.
    cant believe a simple solution solved a problem im stucking like 1  month.
  • JackE
    Options
    Thanks for your report decrate   . If you feel software drivers are an issue, then perhaps some folks might try iobit's DriverBooster freeware or DriverEasy. They seem to have helped some folks with stubborn issues like this one. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• yerbluez
    yerbluez Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited January 2019
    Options
    UPDATE ON THIS PROBLEM... Give this a shot before messing with drivers etc..>>>>>

I've had this same issue for awhile now. This information I found is what worked for me, before having to deal with drivers and BIOS and what not. Just go the sound icon, select the sound device and then click properties. Go to advanced tab and adjust the sample rate to 16 bits. There may be less choices and the Hz number may vary on your device, but don't worry about that, just select the first 16 bit option. This solved the headphone crackling issue for me.

1. Change Sound Format 

The sound format on your PC could be the cause. To change it: 

1) Right-click the sound icon at the bottom right corner of your desktop and select Playback devices.  

2) Highlight your default audio device, which should have a green tick on its icon, then click Properties. 

3) Go to the Advanced tab. Select from the drop-down box 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality). Then click Apply and OK to save the change. 

If CD Quality option fails to help you solve the popping sound issue, try to choose another audio format and see what happens. 

• RJV76
    RJV76 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Turn off Alexa if the computer has it. I Had the problem here. It was feedback from speaker to mic when Alexa was on. It sounded like a broken speaker.