Settings-Customizing Fonts W/R13

Options
Garth_
Garth_ Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Greetings, I have tried to get an answer from the Google support forum but no one knows how to change the fonts in version 62, Stable, Powerwashed, completely "stock" out of the box Chromebook R13. I am the one and only user, I bought this @Thanksgiving for personal use.

I know .... "just go to settings-customize fonts" .... been there and done that. Yes, I can resize, but no optional font actually works, nothing changes anywhere period. All I can see is the "preview" sentence W/font about the darn dog .  I searched Google Images for a snapshot of other C-books' "customize fonts" and they all include a "done" or "ok" to confirm the setting, mine has no option to confirm the setting. So why does mine have no option to confirm , is it supposed to be unnecessary ?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,630 Trailblazer
    Options
  • Garth_
    Options
    As I originally stated Jack, I already powerwashed it, despite it being 3 days old !  It didn't change anything, nor did I expect it would,  and I'm at the point of wondering if anyone has a clue as to whether fonts can actually be changed in any way with Chrome OS ?  No one seems to know, I don't know where else to go for answers either.  already tried Google Chromebook help forum. This is my first experience with a Chromebook and so far it's fine expect for the fact that the fonts are unchangeable and this doesn't sit well with me at this time. 
  • JackE
    Options
    Yes, I understood that you powerwashed. But wasn't sure if you tried it ***exactly*** as described in the above link.  If this powerwash still didn't work, then return the machine for a refund or exchange. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Garth_
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Forgive me Jack, but is not a Powerwash a Powerwash ?  I followed Google's method as I was told in their support form. Now Acer has theirs..... I feel like ping pong ball !  

Can you confirm that the fonts are supposed to be changeable, the Acer chat support told me no. When  I asked why is there an extensive list to choose from, their replay was only "we don't make the os".  I'd like to know IF they are supposed to be changeable or not before considering a return. 
    I cannot get a definitive answer !  

I see online all over instructions on changing the fonts in Chrome OS, nowhere have I read that they are not. So I have a contradiction on my hands ....
  • JackE
    Options

>>>Forgive me Jack, but is not a Powerwash a Powerwash ?>>>

Nope. Just like a Window system recovery from inside Windows is not exactly the same as a Windows system recovery from outside Windows using the ACER eRecovery method. Nothing I can find suggests that the typeface can or cannot be changed. So if it were my machine, and the ACER powerwash method doesn't yield what I want to do, then I'd return the machine to the vendor for a refund and buy another mfr's chromebook. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Garth_
    Options
    Well, I would like to know if the fonts are changeable or not before a return, an absolute yes or no,  otherwise I'd have no way in knowing IF another's mfr.'s chromebooks can be changed either. No other brand offers the 12 hour battery life of the Acer , and that is important to me and one big reason why I specifically chose this model.

Are you using a chromebook , and are your fonts changeable ?

Thanks for the replies JackE .
  • JackE
    Options

>>>an absolute yes or no, otherwise I'd have no way in knowing IF another's mfr.'s chromebooks can be changed either>>>Are you using a chromebook , and are your fonts changeable ?>>

Nope, again. But I can give you an absolute maybe because I thought some of the chrome OS forum folks seemed to suggest to you that other mfrs chromeboooks  can be changed, albeit with limited typeface choices. Again if it were mine, I'd try the ACER-flavored recovery. If it didn't work, and I otherwise really liked the ACER, I might be tempted to test drive an ASUS or HP equivalent at the local BestBuy or similar vendor before I decided to return the ACER for a refund or keep it and live with the typeface annoyance. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ