Acer, Please create a 24" 144 hz IPS 2560x1440 Freesync monitor!

Tivook
Tivook Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hi there Acer.

I've noticed that you have a Acer 27" XF270HUA FreeSync IPS on the market.

I don't understand why you and ASUS insist on releasing 27" monitors when most pro gamers use 24".

IMO, coming from the era of much smaller CRT monitors, in general a smaller monitor allows you to see everything on screen easier. 24" 1080p monitors are already pretty big compared to 17-21" CRT monitors from the past. The 1440p monitors are generally larger, though not always. If you're eye needs to travel to see peripheral objects/enemies that's not a good thing and takes up time that hurts reaction, and can cause some surprises due to being unaware.

I upgraded to a 27" monitor because it was on sale and I actually hated it for gaming. Felt like I had to look around to see the whole screen. Especially bad in top down view games like MOBAs.

I wanted a 144hz monitor anyways, so I ended up down grading back to a 24" monitor and it just feels so much better.

Unlike what the ladies will tell you, bigger is not always better!

Please create a 24" 144 hz IPS 2560x1440 Freesync monitor!

Comments

• ohmygoshduh
    ohmygoshduh Member Posts: 1 New User
    I just bought the Acer Gaming Monitor 24" xfa240.  It has a game mode that can show a sight on screen.  However, it is off from the sight on my guns in Desinty.  Can you tell me how, or if, you can sync the two together?