How to i increase Dedicated Video memory from 128 to 512mb on Acer Aspire F5-573?

Gotsiridze
Gotsiridze Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in Aspire Laptops
I have Acer Aspire F5-573 and it has 4GB Video Memory, as i read there were written that if i have 4GB Video memory the dedicated video memory should be 512mb, But i have 128mb, I want to increase it to 512Mb, How can i do it, i can not change it by going in BIOS Setup

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,426 Trailblazer
    edited November 2017
    Hi,
    You can not change it, it has been set to 128MB in BIOS and Advanced settings are not available in BIOS. I would suggest you to leave it as it is and the system will share your system memory if needed.

• Gotsiridze
    Gotsiridze Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I changed it to 512mb, I found a way.. But how can i Decrease Shared System memory?? I know it is Possible, i read Acer said that it is possible to decrease or increase, How can i Enable Bios Advanced Settings? 
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,426 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I changed it to 512mb, I found a way.. But how can i Decrease Shared System memory?? I know it is Possible, i read Acer said that it is possible to decrease or increase, How can i Enable Bios Advanced Settings? 
    You have to get help from sites modifying BIOS but it's not safe and using such BIOS may brick your laptop.
  • sayantsunil
    sayantsunil Member Posts: 1 New User
    Wait, how did u change it? Please share it i'm facing the same problem.
This discussion has been closed.