WiFi won’t turn on

ChromebkMom
ChromebkMom Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
My child’s school Acer Chromebook 11 (CB3-111) won’t keep the WiFi toggle switch on. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Answers

• Spyderman
    Spyderman Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2017
    Can you explain more in details?    I have acer chromebook 14 and Samsung chromebook 11.6".  They both have issue with wifi connect to Verizon Fios Quantum Gateway 5G band.  They have no issue connect to Verizon Fios Quantum Gateway 2G band.  Weird thing, both chromebooks are able to connect to my Asus 5g Router no problem.   So I call Verizon and they update the firmware on my Quantum gateway and reboot the router.  Now I have no issue for both chromebooks to connect to Verizon Fios Quantum gateway 5G band.   Have you tried to reset to manufacturer default ChromeOS??
  • RCFisher
    RCFisher Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am having the same problem with my child's school issued Acer Chromebook R11.  You switch the toggle on wifi to on and almost immediately the toggle switches back to off.  All assignments and textbooks are online, so this is a big problem.  How should we fix this?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,845 Trailblazer
    RCFisher  >>>school issued Acer Chromebook R11.>>>
    You must contact whoever is responsible for Chromebook maintenance at the school to fix this issue. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ