Acer recovery usb won't reload Windows Aspire E 15 573G

KerryL
KerryL Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I am trying to reinstall Windows with recovery usb purchased through Acer. It has started to run a few times, but will always end up with blue screen error message "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. You can restart."  The furthest I've gotten is 30% on Copy Necessary Files after making it through Initialize/create Partitions on USB Recovery box, most of time get blue screen right after reboot though or stays stuck on Acer logo. I made sure USB HDD at top on boot options, my only USB HDD choice is "USB HDD: Toshiba MSFT NORB."  F12 option same thing happens. At wits end, please help! Thanks.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer

>>>I am trying to reinstall Windows with recovery usb purchased through Acer. >>>

What was the original factory-installed WinVer? Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• KerryL
    What was the original factory-installed WinVer? Jack E/NJ 

Came with Win10  pre-installed 

• JackE
    Did the ALT+F10 coldboot recovery method also fail to restore the machine to a factory-fresh state? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• KerryL
    Same with ALT+F10.
  • JackE
    This suggests the internal hard disk drive has failed. Why did you try to reset the machine in the first place? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• KerryL
    It was having similar blue screen errors come on screen while on computer intermittently. Eventually couldnt even get computer to boot Windows, just the blue screen with messages to restart. Recovery failed multiple times as well so i ultimately decided purchase the usb recovery hoping that would do the trick. Darn, laptpp was still under warranty when this all started. So now i need to replace HDD? :( Would i still use same usb to get laptop running if i did that? Luckily everything important was backed up on cloud or usb. Thank you for your help JackE.
  • JackE

>>>Would i still use same usb to get laptop running if i did that? >>>

Yes. Same ACER recovery USB. Luckily, new and even better HDDs and SSDs are very reasonably priced these days. Jack E/Nj

Jack E/NJ