WIFI problem - Please help!

gakirs
gakirs Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hi guys,

I have an ACER Aspire F15. I've been for a long time now suffering a severe problem with my laptop's wifi.
Whenever I make ping I'm losing a lot of packets, but this happens only when connected via WIFI.

So far I've tried a looot of things. Here is the list of what I've done:
- Changed the configuration of the adapter. From 20mhz to automatic, uninstall, install again. Nothing works.
- Tried in no less than 10 networks and it happens in every place.
- Reinstalling windows
- To discard that this a software problem, installed ubuntu to perform ping tests and also lose packets.
- Connected ethernet cable: this apparently solves the problem as I'm getting almost no packets lost
- I lose packets not only when doing ping to google.com, but also when pinging the ROUTER! yes, if I ping 192.168.1.1 I lose packets and sometimes I get responses with a very high ms delay.
- Here is the most weird thing: I tried with an external wifi adapter and still lose packets (maybe I did it wrong? This is super weird)

I dont know what to do next. Please help me because its extremely annoying, I cannot use almost the laptop unplugged to the router because surfing in the internet is painful.

TIA

Answers

• gakirs
    bump!!
    bump
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Of course you will lose packets, the wi-fi connection isn't as good as wired. The radio signals(packets) are scattered around the room by the rooter said simply and your laptop or any device/wifi card cannot catch all of those signals/packets.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• gakirs
    But it doesnt matter if im next to the router, 3 meters or 60 meters away. I always lose packets
  • ven98
    Because the rooter scatters the signal at 360degrees. There will always be a loss of packets when using internet through WLAN.

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• gakirs
    But is it normal to lose 50% of the packets when im sitting next to the router? There are 20 cms of distance..
  • ven98
    Yes it is. 
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• gakirs
    I tried with another 2 laptops in the same networks, same distance, everything, and the one and only im losing such a huge amount of packets is only in the ACER.