XR341CK with Nvidia 1080ti

b0x3d
b0x3d Member Posts: 5 New User
edited January 23 in 2018 Archives
I recently upgraded my gfx from R9 290x to a 1080ti (after waiting for the Vega 64 which ended up being a let down) on a i7 4930k and 32GB Gskill RAM. I was hesitant in pairing up an Nvidia card with a Freesync monitor but from everything i've read it should be fine with Freesync turned off.

However I'm experiencing severe ghosting (even when dragging windows across the desktop) and a simple game like CSGO, in spite running at a constant 300FPS, is choppy/skipping frames/juddering/microstutter. Far Cry Primal, Just Cause 3, Fallout 4 are all nice and smooth but I still get bad ghosting.

I did a clean install of the geforce driver using DDU. I've reinstalled the XR341CK driver (and this is what's appearing in Nvidia control panel). In control panel is shows the monitor is running at 3440*1440 at 75hz (connected via DP). I've also set OD in the OSD to normal (tried extreme even worse). The hardware is running ncie and cool (all watercooled).

Anything else I can try? Love this monitor, will be gutted if I can't get it to work properly with this card.  Thanks for your help.

Answers

• b0x3d
    b0x3d Member Posts: 5 New User
    I've narrowed this down to the refresh rate at 75hz causing frame skipping, when I change it to 60hz the issue is 'fixed'.
  • eagle20g
    eagle20g Member Posts: 1 New User
    Old post, but you will have to lock your frames for every game at 75hz, I have the same monitor that I was using 2x rx480's and then I sold them when for profit and got a 1080ti. You can also overclock this monitor, I got mine to 85hz before it would fail, You can go into Nvidia control panel by right clicking the desktop, go to Nvidia, and then when you see your highlighted resolution click customize, and their you can change the refresh rate.  
  • chriskoups
    chriskoups Member Posts: 4 New User
    eagle20g said:
    Old post, but you will have to lock your frames for every game at 75hz, I have the same monitor that I was using 2x rx480's and then I sold them when for profit and got a 1080ti. You can also overclock this monitor, I got mine to 85hz before it would fail, You can go into Nvidia control panel by right clicking the desktop, go to Nvidia, and then when you see your highlighted resolution click customize, and their you can change the refresh rate.  
    HZ are reported correctly but frame skipped exists! Are you sure that you don't have frame skip???